She’s Very Pregnant. (update: It's Finally Time!)

Lady mags

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat is quite pregnant. I’m unsure of exactly when she mated but had been suspecting pregnancy until about 10 days ago. I became positive at that point because I began to feel movement in her abdomen. She has been very lovey, affectionate and follows me around the house. Today, however, she has been acting off. Still lovey but playfully attacking and running around the house like a madman. She has no interest in either of the nesting boxes I have made her. Any thoughts or ideas on when I can expect her to birth?

Ariadne L.N.T.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It seems as if your kitty is in her third stage, so is mine! I’m assuming it’s normal for the male to behave that way, because my Fritzy does the same things. As for when you can expect her birth, my Fritz is in her 5th week out of 9. I’m gonna take a quick guess and say your girl is 6-7weeks in?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lady mags

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m antsy. Her lady parts are very swollen and I just don’t know when to expect her to deliver. It’s her first (and will be her only) litter and I want to be home when she has them. I’ve been around for many a cat births and have seen the easiest and hardest. Last year a cat showed up at my house pregnant and I had to take her for a cesarean as she was very young and too small to deliver.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can you post a picture of her? Most cats deliver 2-3 weeks after you see/feel kitten movement.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She’s very pretty! :)

It’s so hard to know when they’ll go into labor. It sounds like it could possibly be in the next week.

Lady mags

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That was my thought too. I Guess time will tell, and I have to be patient.

Lady mags

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That was my thought too. I Guess time will tell, and I have to be patient.
And thank you, she was solid gray as a kitten and has turned into that kind or tortie color, just no black or brown.

Lady mags

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Still waiting for my Maggie to deliver, she’s very restless today, small amounts of clear discharge and she has been to her litter box more times times than I can count today. She’s been cleaning herself constantly and the poor baby just can’t seem to get comfortable. I can see and feel her stomach tighten and each time it does she rolls around trying to find a position in which to lay. Her favorite place is in my lap, I take a blanket and stretch it over my legs and she makes a kind of hammock between my knees and wiggles.

Lady mags

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Contractions have started! Hoping for an easy birth for my Mags!

Lady mags

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
All day she followed me, couldn’t get comfy and was in general just different.
Her labor started at 12:02 and her first kitten was born at 12:50. ❤ She’s cleaning it still, but it’s solid orange.

Lady mags

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Kitten b came 5 minutes after and is a solid black baby.

Lady mags

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry, I had a late night. Mama and babies are doing really good. She had 5 kittens between 12:50- 3:20. All are well and happy.
I went in to check on her and make sure she had water and food this morning and she got up and came to me. She walked out to her litter box so I took a picture. It appears that there are 3 black ones, but I looked while they wiggled and one appears to be a tortie.

Attachments

Lady mags

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have one question, before I ask though I will say I know how to fix it; I have before but the kitten I worked with was motherless from the moment he was born and I was able to correct it. Now, the question: one of the babies was born with twisted legs, at what point should I try to exercise them to help them sit properly? I don’t want to agitate mama.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is it the back legs? They can be splinted and taped with sports tape very early on. You may want to wait a day or two just to make sure that all 5 are nursing well and gaining weight first, but the sooner you start, the sooner the legs get fixed.

Post a picture of the legs if you can. Which kitten is it?