She's lost her mucus plug over 24 hours ago.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

messypessy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Try to put more soft blankets in the box for them to make them really comfy & keep the heat in.
Yes yes, I just put soft blankets in. I had towels over a blanket so she wouldn't get the blankets messy with blood and such :)

messypessy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There's dry blood all over her beautiful white fur, can I use like a warm wash cloth and wipe it off? some of it she cant reach herself

messypessy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Anybody know how long it'll take for her to stop bleeding herself? I know that they bleed for a few days after giving birth, I just dunno how long

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anybody know how long it'll take for her to stop bleeding herself? I know that they bleed for a few days after giving birth, I just dunno how long
My foster cat hardly bled at all, even on the bedding. As she walked around there was an occasional spot on the hardwood floor.

messypessy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow marks when my cats babies are 4 weeks old and one of them started eating out of its moms canned food so we didn't stop and let it happen.

My mother said that we are gonna have to get them to use the litter box because after they started eating the mom isnt gonna want to eat their poop anymore

Is this true?? They are 4 weeks old I don't even know if they can go to the bathroom on their own yet haha

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They begin being able to go on their own after 3 weeks old, though mom continues to clean them until they begin eating solids and pooping solids.

You should go ahead and set up a kitten-sized litter box nearby, and as soon as one begins eating wet food and/or dry kitten chow (which you can moisten initially), you should begin putting them in the box before and after meals. Use non-clumping litter for a few weeks because kittens like to taste things.

messypessy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do all kittens have to be wormed? I heard somewhere that kittens are usually born with worms but the mom doesn't have worms but she may now that shes had kittens etc.. I don't see any in their poop so I'm not too sure.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she goes outside, she may have worms. That's how she got pregnant, right?

Are you keeping mom 100% inside until she is spayed?

messypessy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, she has never been outside though. We have the daddy cat (he is my brothers) and he got fixed right before the kittens were born(we didn't intend for them to come which is why i have so many questions haha) so we won't have anymore. As far as I know she never had worms but I will worm her as a precaution.

I just turned 17 and my family is pushing towards getting the mom fixed soon after she finishes nursing and following with her kittens.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, mom should be fixed when the kittens are 8 weeks old. Do you plan to keep any of the kittens?

Mom and babies should be wormed as a precaution.

messypessy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes.. Haha. We are keeping all three (i know! 5 cats) but we love them all so much and would feel bad separating them or giving them to someone we don't know. We're getting them all fixed and will be worming them.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw! That's great. As said, mom can be done when kittens are 8 weeks. Make sure to get the kittens done when they are around 3 months. You don't want to push it!

messypessy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

The kittens are now 10 weeks old and the dad couldn't be happier to have a son that looks JUST like him. (We got him fixed! No more!) Son getting fixed next week :) all is well.

The other two are girls. They will be getting fixed shortly after mom soon.

Boy: Merlin.
Girls: Salem & Hermione :D