Shane and Sun Lee update

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What joyous news...
Sun Lee has a perfect forever home.

Sending vet vibes for her Thursday apt.

It sounds like Shane is under the care of a gentle, loving person.
Over time, he will learn to trust.

Thank you for all that you have done for these kitties and for keeping us updated Sarah.
You made my day.

kittieshasme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's marvelous that Sun Lee already has a new home!

for Shane to find exactly the right person to love and cherish him.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thanks for the update, Sarah. that Sun Lee enjoys her new home and that Shane soon finds his.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great news about the two of them. Hope the new home for Sun Lee happens without any hold-ups and that Shane gets paired up with a good buddy to help socialize him for a new home.
I was told by LAAS that he was so scared they couldn't even scan him for a micro-chip when he came in. Poor boy hasn't known anyone but Hope for quite some time. They told me he was feral and I had to explain to them, that no, he is not feral, just very frightened by being taken out of his comfort zone and the home he has known for a long time.
He's an old cat and it's hard for them to adjust to major changes. Hopefully he'll understand his foster mom is trying to help him.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad you were able to intervene on his behalf and let them know his situation.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Try to talk the new owner in joining TCS so we can meet her and keep updated

Sarah, thank you so much for all you've done on behalf of Hope's cats!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Great news about the two of them. Hope the new home for Sun Lee happens without any hold-ups and that Shane gets paired up with a good buddy to help socialize him for a new home.
I was told by LAAS that he was so scared they couldn't even scan him for a micro-chip when he came in. Poor boy hasn't known anyone but Hope for quite some time. They told me he was feral and I had to explain to them, that no, he is not feral, just very frightened by being taken out of his comfort zone and the home he has known for a long time.
He's an old cat and it's hard for them to adjust to major changes. Hopefully he'll understand his foster mom is trying to help him.
She said on the second night she was brushing him, and could see him relax, and thought she heard a little purr. He definitely sounds much happier in a home environment, and she was able to trim his claws, so he can't be too bad!

It worries me when shelters don't understand the difference between scared and feral.

vermontcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm happy to hear a good update on Sun Lee and Shane.
I'm sure that Sun Lee will be happy in her new home and that Shane will be able to find a new home soon too.
Siamese Rescue is great, they are very careful about only finding the best homes for their rescued Siamese cats.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is going on?? What happened to Hope? I've been out of the loop since my surgery etc and I just saw a message on my facebook page. Is there another thread about Hope? I'm just beside myself.Can someone PM me with a link and/or information, please? I still don't get much internet time as I have to keep my leg elevated and am on pain pills. And all I have is a desktop so it's hard to be on much. But I need to know what happened. Hope has been a good friend to me for years.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just sending a PM with links

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

I had to explain to them, that no, he is not feral, just very frightened by being taken out of his comfort zone and the home he has known for a long time.
Originally Posted by sarahp

It worries me when shelters don't understand the difference between scared and feral.
It's not rocket science is it?. I had the same problem with my old vet with Rosie when she crawled back into her comfort zone which was her carrier while he got her injection, but he wouldn't listen to me when i said "Wait until i get her out", instead she gave him a really nasty bite and scratch when he invaded her space, and then he had the audacity to ask "Has she done this before?!"............NO!!!!!

It worries me as well that they don't know more about cats like that as well. Maybe they need to come here for some education!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

It's not rocket science is it?. I had the same problem with my old vet with Rosie when she crawled back into her comfort zone which was her carrier while he got her injection, but he wouldn't listen to me when i said "Wait until i get her out", instead she gave him a really nasty bite and scratch when he invaded her space, and then he had the audacity to ask "Has she done this before?!"............NO!!!!!

It worries me as well that they don't know more about cats like that as well. Maybe they need to come here for some education!
When Eileen first trapped Xander and took him in, they marked him as feral because of the way he reacted. He is the farthest from it! When my vet first met him and saw that in his papers she laughed. At that particular time he was rolling around on the floor purring

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, that bothers me, too, when rescues, shelters and the like label an animal... and don't know the diff between scared and feral.

I have had people come by to look at cats who don't listen to me and try to pull a frightened animal out of its "comfort zone" (cage) and get scratched up and then say, well, I don't want THAT animal. Grrrrrr!!!!!!

Or have people say ooo... that cat is MEAN and I tell them, no he's scared!!! So stop tapping on the glass, will ya!!!