Shameful, embarrassing things you do to your cat

cyberkitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have been known to wash either YY or one of the Sphynx girls' little bottoms when some shall we say untoward substance has managed to stick to it apres the litter box - usually with toilet paper or a special wash cloth they each own for such tender purposes. They are never really embarrassed since they all love to be clean and to clean and are all three quite the divas but I can almost see the look of "thank Gawd that's over" when I am done. YY in particular hates to have anything hanging from her butt or from anywhere for that matter and she would just as soon be able to do it independently - esp if at one, she is 18 in human yrs making her of that teenage when she knows everything and God forbid meomy or another adult of any species deign to tell her what to do, lol

Other than that, none care for having their temp taken - oh the indignity!!! YY has learned of course not to wiggle out of it tho since it goes faster if she is compliant - not the kind of adjective one associates with Siamese but she does like to show off her SmartyPants knowledge,

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have also been known to lay Tigers ears back with my hand and call him "Fat Rat Cat"
and when the boys are getting out of the tub Lily will watch the water drain down in spiral, I think she has "accidently" been pushed into the water once or twice

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mercymanic

Ice cubes in the water dish,....

Only in the summer, though. I don't think they really like it, because when they try to drink it, the ice cubes bump into their nose and they're annoyed by it. But, hey, they are spoiled...and nice, cool ice-water is part of being spoiled so they'd better get used to it!

Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

I have also been known to lay Tigers ears back with my hand....
I do that too. I can't resist it's just too funny!! And pretty darn cute.

vibiana

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I use all kinds of syrupy baby talk with mine ... I call them my snookie snugglebunnies and my schmoodle boodles and so forth. LOL I can just TELL they hate it because they give me these disgusted looks.

I pick Thisbe and Marnie up and kiss them, but Cushie's not a pick-up-and-hold kind of cat so I leave her alone. Whenever I want a kiss from them, I put my lips close to their mouth, pucker up and say "Give Mommy kisses!"

A friend of mine who is diabetic was over at my house the other day and when she saw this particular "kisses" ceremony, she remarked, dryly, "I'd better take my insulin NOW instead of waiting." lmao

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
*laugh* I just found this post...

I hold my kitties ears back and call them "Bella Lagosi"
Make Toulouse do the "Hear no evil, See no evil, Speak no evil" motions
tie ribbons around their necks
turn the water on when Toulouse won't get out of the bathroom sink
I want to dress them up sometimes, but my s/o says that would be too mean

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really do anything to my girls. Occasionally I get a bit overwhelmed and pick them up for a big smoochy squeezy cuddle - which they HATE - and I sing VERY stupid embarrassing songs to them...which I guess makes me look sillier than it makes them look!

Max calls Sunday `Big Fat Sunday' (which she isn't - she's just FLUFFY!!!) and I keep telling him he'll upset her but she just gives him this disdainful, `Yeah, well, I can lick my butt and you can't' type look that cracks me up.

rarepuss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miyas_mom

I think I'm going to buy my cat a dress to wear. I know she will HATE that.
great thread!
i'm laughing so hard right now.

Miyas_mom, you've given me an evil idea.

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by turtlecat

also, we roll Piggy on her back and shake her belly really fast, lol.. yelling "underpantsssssss!!!" And we slide Gibby on the linoleum! We call that Mop Kitty!
We have a "Mop Kitty" too
Ken always will push The Sammycat around on the hardwood floors like a mop. I really think that The Sammycat likes it though cause he will come back for more every time.

This is a great thread, but it should have a laughter warning for someone who has just been through abdominal surgery

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good i am not the only crazy one who blows on butts!!

we sing fat cat fat cat watcha gonna do? to Phenom because she is really getting big, we call her Phene meanie and i carry her up and down the stairs which she hates!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Phenomsmom said:
we sing fat cat fat cat watcha gonna do? QUOTE]
OMG!! I can't believe there's another person in the world who does that!

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I forgot... I take Toulouse and hold him up and make him dance to the "I'm a cat, I'm a kitty cat and I dance dance dance and I dance dance dance" song....*evil grin*

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kaleetha

I forgot... I take Toulouse and hold him up and make him dance to the "I'm a cat, I'm a kitty cat and I dance dance dance and I dance dance dance" song....*evil grin*
Now you've done it
I will NOT be able to get that song out of my head!

Mostly I just call Narsil "Pudge Kitty" (we have GOT to start running him around more, only 10 months old and already pudgy!) and will tell both of them when they're being "elegant" on the kitty tree, "Awwwww, he's sooo cuuuuute ...." and go "pook, pook". They hate that, or "Awwwww, wook at dose widdle tufty feet ..." and rub their feet (note; little, not hardly!)

Something DH used to do with Melichus that I've not let him do with the boys, is give them a piece of cooked spaghetti. It tends to stick, and they fling their paw around trying to get it off, which just makes it stick to some other portion of their anatomy.

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's see Samwise likes to be held and cuddled if I hold him up to my shoulder and I dance around with him. I also call him the Bad Sammer Jammer and sing it too.

Gandalf, everybody calls fat cat...he's not really fat just large and big framed and fluffy. I also like getting down on the ground and cuddling him close. He's a cuddle monster anyway but only when it's his idea. Makes him so mad, and I like to pick him up and cuddle him.

Since they both like to lay near me or on me with I'm watching tv, I"ll grab their paws and ask them if they want to hold paws.

My Dad lives to torment the cats, he'll come up the stairs when we're visiting and ask really loudly where's that big fat grey cat? And he likes to pick Gandalf up and hold him like a baby. Samwise he just chases around the house...they play tag...it's cute.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh happy day! I found a new way to annoy Wiggies!

I grab his front paw, which he doesn't like, so he lifts his leg up and out of my grasp. Then I grab his other paw, and he lifts that one. So I grab the first one again...all the while singing "dance for me furface, dance!"
Oh the joys of having cats.

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I pick up my cat and give the hugs and kisses, they hate it
For Christmas I bought antlers and put them on,
, the looks on their faces said "Oh how undignifed! But it was adorable.