Shameful, embarrassing things you do to your cat

miyas_mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Of course I mean all in fun, but what are some things you do to your kitty that, if he or she were human would say "oh NO! This is totally embarrassing!"

1. Miya's got a big belly!
I take her paws and make her rub her belly. She is completely mellow, but I am sure she would tell me how embarassing it was.
2. OMG!
Sometimes I take her paw and gently make her touch her forehead. SHe also finds this embarassing.
3. Mockery
Sometimes I immitate my cat when I hold her a certain way where her paws are sticking out and she's licking her lips. She just stares at me for that.
4. Pet diapers
Probably the worst of them all. Unfortunately, it's a bit of a necessity for longer trips.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I give Luna love (hugs, kisses)when she least wants it. I.e. when she's trying to go after Beauty or Patches, when she's really playful, etc. I can almost hear her say "MOM! Stop that! Not in front of the other cats!!!!".

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow you get pet diapers? How insanely embarassing can you get!? I would be embarassed to put my cat in them... let alone think about how the cat must be feeling!!

Hrmn.. I can't think of anything I do that's embarassing... I'm just big mean ol' mummy as far as Tosca's concerned. Rune is the real favourite! He does all sorts of embarassing things and she seems to love him for it..... have you ever seen a near 6' tall guy get on all fours on the floor and make "baby" noises to a cat? It's hysterical!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miyas_mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LillieKat,
Let me just say that Miya was NOT amused, haha! I put a "test fit" one on her. She took one step and just collapsed on the floor and stared at me as if to say, "Mommy, get this off of me right now!"

Oh! I dance with my cat, too! I think she kinda likes that, too.

touro1979

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Why would you put a diaper on your cat? If you are going on a really long trip try buying a dog crate that can hold both your cat and a small litter box. I travel all the time with my cats. The longest trip is to my parents house in upstate NY and it takes me about 6 hours to get there. I just dont feed them the morning I am Leaving and I leave Really early (usually around 5 am.) so I get home around lunch time and feed them.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
when they stick their butts into my face i blow air into their butts

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Me too! It seems an appropiate response, and the cats really don't like it.

I also make Pushkin rub his big belly sometimes.

I have been known to dance in front the cats.
They just stare in disbelief that they ended up with such an uncool human.
Sometimes just to bug them, when they're grooming, I'll rub the fur they just groomed up the wrong way so they have do to it all over again.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This thread is pretty funny!
Originally Posted by Kellyyfaber

Sometimes I pick mine up and dance with them
Kelly...

Sometimes I'll pick up Chasey, call her Superkitty, raise my arms and fly her all around through each room. She seems to enjoy it.
Too bad I can't do it anymore. I'd have to call her Super Hovering Helicopter Kitty instead.

ashleigh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

That did make me laugh hard...I do too!

I also call minx by her nickname out in the garden which is minkymoo!

I've been singing silent night to them and telling them to be good or santa won't come.

I shake Indies paw and say "how do you do" in a really silly voice.

I tease Indie that he has a girlfriend and he wants to kissss her.. cos he sits with next doors cat alot.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can be a meanie. To make Twitch & Lily play sometimes(if they have been lazy one day), I shine a lazer light on the back of Twitch's head. Lily goes flying toward her & pounces on her head. That usually gets the two of them playing. I put Santa hats & scarves on them.

I wipe their butts when they don't feel well. I blow on their butts when they get them between me & the computer screen. I dance with them. I make them ride the dogs like horses(the dogs even have saddles)!
I have Twitch "punch" Lily like a boxer would. Lily looks at me like "stop that you idiot!"

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG this thread is cracking me up!!!!!!!!! Pushlady you crack me up!!!!! I can see the evil glare on their faces when you mess up their hair!
The most embarasing(sp) thing I do, is talk to them in rediculous voices ( they each have their own voice BTW) although Chichi gets upset with all my kisses sometimes LOL and I get a paw slap LOL

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kellyyfaber

Sometimes I pick mine up and dance with them
and sing a madeup song about her at the same time!

and there is also this:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gosh...I'm awful nice to my kitties! They have nicknames and what not, but really I don't think I do anything like ya'll to embarass them!

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhhhh no Abby!!!! You poor baby, what has meowmy done to you! LOL LOL ROLF!

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I call my Cupid fat a lot. If he was a human, he'd definitely have a complex! He's not even fat, really, he just looks like it.
I personally don't think this is embarrassing, but some people I know do--especially guys:

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When DH was in a bad mood I made Meish dance and play the 'air guitar' for him....

I do the same thing to the dog....

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I talk baby talk to them. This time of year I turn the electric blanket on for them and cover them up with a blanket. And fluff the pillow up just right for them!

lizk729

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh My I am laughing so hard at this thread.......

I do the blowing on the bum thing too....lol Hey she sticks it in my face....
The pictures are a scream....lol