Semi-stray Siamese gave birth

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RedSpyderChick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: I gave her some KMR but she did not touch it. Thankfully, my order of Weruva, non-pate, arrived today and she seems to LOVE it! She has also somewhat warmed up to me as evidenced by my almost white oven-mitts!!!! She came to me I guess she wanted to be rubbed or petted so I did but I was wary and had the oven mitts on. I suppose you can call this a semi-success! Still haven't seen the kitties but I am going with baby steps (slowly) until I have her full trust. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't take much longer. I am attaching a photo of my oven mitts LOL

Attachments

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update: I gave her some KMR but she did not touch it. Thankfully, my order of Weruva, non-pate, arrived today and she seems to LOVE it! She has also somewhat warmed up to me as evidenced by my almost white oven-mitts!!!! She came to me I guess she wanted to be rubbed or petted so I did but I was wary and had the oven mitts on. I suppose you can call this a semi-success! Still haven't seen the kitties but I am going with baby steps (slowly) until I have her full trust. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't take much longer. I am attaching a photo of my oven mitts LOL
That is great she came to you and let you pet her! That is a sign she can be tamed in time and live inside. I hope the kittens are doing well 💕

RedSpyderChick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is great she came to you and let you pet her! That is a sign she can be tamed in time and live inside. I hope the kittens are doing well 💕
I hope the kittens are doing well also but I haven't been able to see them. Sometimes though, I hear some very faint meows and I know it's coming from them because my dogs look at me and tilt their heads (as if to say, is there a cat in here that I didn't know about) LOL!!!!!!!!

I am so happy that she kinda warmed up to me. I almost felt like throwing in the towel and started to think maybe the "previous owners" were right in neglecting a diva like her but I read somewhere just the other day that perhaps her bad behavior stems from her past experiences with humans. I guess that was when a light bulb lit up in my head, it's not her fault but her previous owners or whoever owned her in the past that is at fault. So, I am being more patient now than I ever was before and more understanding of why she does what she does.

I just want to thank you, Meowmee, Vince, Stefan, di and BOB, Sarthur, and the others and most especially this site, for without you guys' advice/recommendations, I would have already pulled out all my hair and been bald by now! LOL..but you haven't seen the last of me yet. :redtongue::crackup:

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope the kittens are doing well also but I haven't been able to see them. Sometimes though, I hear some very faint meows and I know it's coming from them because my dogs look at me and tilt their heads (as if to say, is there a cat in here that I didn't know about) LOL!!!!!!!!

I am so happy that she kinda warmed up to me. I almost felt like throwing in the towel and started to think maybe the "previous owners" were right in neglecting a diva like her but I read somewhere just the other day that perhaps her bad behavior stems from her past experiences with humans. I guess that was when a light bulb lit up in my head, it's not her fault but her previous owners or whoever owned her in the past that is at fault. So, I am being more patient now than I ever was before and more understanding of why she does what she does.

I just want to thank you, Meowmee, Vince, Stefan, di and BOB, Sarthur, and the others and most especially this site, for without you guys' advice/recommendations, I would have already pulled out all my hair and been bald by now! LOL..but you haven't seen the last of me yet. :redtongue::crackup:
yw 🤗
That is great you are adapting well💕 I think her behavior is natural on some level for her background, normally outside, she feared people and became not touchable, she may have been born outside as well for all we know and we don’t know what her previous home was like as you said, obviously not so great, or what else may have happened to her.

Plus she has just given birth and has huge hormone loads, she is going to be super protective of the kittens and she is no doubt also aware of your dogs and is worried about her kittens etc.
That is great she is warming up! Food treats can be a great way to get a kitty to trust you. Remember she will take steps back and forth as she adapts to her new situation so don’t lose heart.

I keep reminding myself of letting the cat lead the way with Zena too, he has come a long way but he is still skittish at times so I just let him do whatever he feels comfy with. Today he watched me cleaning from distance for a long time and he isn't running away as much. He is sitting here with both of us here which is a miracle. But if he gets scared he may jump up and run into the garage back to his safe zone.

RedSpyderChick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yw 🤗
That is great you are adapting well💕 I think her behavior is natural on some level for her background, normally outside, she feared people and became not touchable, she may have been born outside as well for all we know and we don’t know what her previous home was like as you said, obviously not so great, or what else may have happened to her.

Plus she has just given birth and has huge hormone loads, she is going to be super protective of the kittens and she is no doubt also aware of your dogs and is worried about her kittens etc.
That is great she is warming up! Food treats can be a great way to get a kitty to trust you. Remember she will take steps back and forth as she adapts to her new situation so don’t lose heart.

I keep reminding myself of letting the cat lead the way with Zena too, he has come a long way but he is still skittish at times so I just let him do whatever he feels comfy with. Today he watched me cleaning from distance for a long time and he isn't running away as much. He is sitting here with both of us here which is a miracle. But if he gets scared he may jump up and run into the garage back to his safe zone.
I will try to keep a level head and plenty of patience with her.

Your Zena sounds like a really cool cat! I was just wondering with regard to cleaning, I guess I can start running the vacuum cleaner since the Diva and her kittens are in the other room (which also needs cleaning fairly soon) but I am afraid they would be fearful of the sounds. My dogs are already used to the sound since they hear it often. But we shall see. I hope your Zena gets used to you more and more as the days pass.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will try to keep a level head and plenty of patience with her.

Your Zena sounds like a really cool cat! I was just wondering with regard to cleaning, I guess I can start running the vacuum cleaner since the Diva and her kittens are in the other room (which also needs cleaning fairly soon) but I am afraid they would be fearful of the sounds. My dogs are already used to the sound since they hear it often. But we shall see. I hope your Zena gets used to you more and more as the days pass.
Thanks💕 I would hold off on the vacuum for a bit, maybe just sweep. Def don’t use it in the room with her an kittens. Zena stayed in his bed alot earlier next to me, but stilll nervous, licked my hand etc. and washed and he is being trained by Melrin to demand food several times a day now 😹