Secret Santa Sign-ups 2013 ~ LAST DAY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm arguing with myself. I want to participate, but my recipients seem to disappear.
Sometimes we just need a break. 

I participated for 3 years. The first 2 were awesome! Both myself and my recipients were active and posted pictures of our stuff and tried to guess who our SS was.  Great fun!  The best part of participating is not the giving, but seeing the reaction of those who receive the gifts.  When your recipient seems ungrateful or indifferent, it takes all the fun out of having sent the gifts.

If you need a break this year, take it.  Join the Christmas Card Exchange instead :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I participated for 3 years. The first 2 were awesome! Both myself and my recipients were active and posted pictures of our stuff and tried to guess who our SS was.  Great fun!  The best part of participating is not the giving, but seeing the reaction of those who receive the gifts.  When your recipient seems ungrateful or indifferent, it takes all the fun out of having sent the gifts.
Yes!  I always love seeing the reactions people have.  Even the years I haven't participated I've enjoyed the gift received threads!  

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The best part of participating is not the giving, but seeing the reaction of those who receive the gifts.  When your recipient seems ungrateful or indifferent, it takes all the fun out of having sent the gifts.
Yes, I agree, Linda. I remember one year when I participated and my recipient didn't even post photos of the gifts I sent or even seem to appreciate all the effort I put into it. It kinda took all the fun out of it for me..

I really wish I could participate this year. I'm so close to signing up cuz it's so much fun - despite the fact that I really can't afford to...

Last edited:

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, I agree, Linda. I remember one year when I participated and my recipient didn't even post photos of the gifts I sent or even seem to appreciate all the effort I put into it. It kinda took all the fun out of it for me..

I really wish I could participate this year. I'm so close to signing up cuz it's so much fun - despite the fact that I really can't afford to...
      One year I had the no response from a TCS SS recipient and it was definitely disappointing since like you said you really look forward to hopefully seeing pics of the kitties enjoying and gifts being opened. I also had one year when my SS sender dropped of the map and gift was never sent and TCS sent me an awesome kitty care package far beyond my expectations to make up for it!

It does seem that fewer people are participating this year, but none of this is gonna keep Maia's TCS SS excitement down! For Maia and I this is Christmas, I don't have any family. TCS SS gift exchange is it and I  put thought in what I send and am grateful for  what we receive,  and ofcourse always share the pics!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Don't if you can't comfortably afford to.  Best to use the money where it is most needed :)
I agree.  There will always be next year and it shouldn't be something that will make you stressed

Hopefully a smaller group this year will also mean a more thankful, appreciative group too!  

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to participate (I'm pretty sure I qualify  
), but I just have too much going on right now. Maybe next year! Have fun everyone! 

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

One year I had the no response from a TCS SS recipient and it was definitely disappointing since like you said you really look forward to hopefully seeing pics of the kitties enjoying and gifts being opened. I also had one year when my SS sender dropped of the map and gift was never sent and TCS sent me an awesome kitty care package far beyond my expectations to make up for it!
That happened to me too one year (my SS dropped out of sight). But I didn't go without: some of the TCS members got together & pitched in to make sure that me & my furkids weren't left out. I've never forgotten it..

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I agree.  There will always be next year and it shouldn't be something that will make you stressed

Don't if you can't comfortably afford to.  Best to use the money where it is most needed :)
If it weren't for all the expenses that I incurred due to taking Gato in, I think I'd be able to afford it. But between the surgery for him and all the treatments to get  him well again, it really broke the bank..

As you say, there's always next year.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sign-ups are officially over!! 

Since it's basically midnight, my time, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread!

Come join us for some Secret Santa talk here: http://www.thecatsite.com/t/264837/secret-santa-discussion-thread-2013

And stop by here for a list of questions to give your Santa a more exhaustive list of hints to go off of: http://www.thecatsite.com/t/264836/secret-santa-hint-thread-2013  

It's very late my time; so I'll be drawing names and getting them e-mailed to you as soon as I can get to it!  Hopefully that won't take too long; but sleep and the rest of my world beckon too! 

Status
Not open for further replies.