Secret Santa Sign-Ups 2011!!!! CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My two wouldn't care what it looked like as long as there was catnip inside.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've decided to not sign up again this year.

I've signed up 3 times and 2 times were mega fun, both giving and receving. It was so much fun to shop and then get a parcel in the mail and have people trying to sway me into opening it early
. I saw people posting pictures of their gifts and talking about the gifts they received and the sounds of happiness from those who sent the gifts..... it was so fun to watch.

I love giving and getting presents. But for me the most pleasure is derived from giving gifts to people and watching/listening to their reaction. That is what truly makes my heart sing!

I'm still left disillusioned from one of my SS recipients who was more absent then they were here and were gone for weeks and months at a time. In fact they were so absent that when I was given their name I didn't even know who they were.

I spent several months shopping. Almost every time I went shopping I found myself buying "just one more thing" for my SS parcel. I mailed my parcel by express post to make sure it arrived on time. I knew the exact date it was delivered.

The person was in an absentee period and it was weeks before they even acknowledged having received it. And when they did finally acknoweldge receipt, there were no pictures, only a 2 sentence thank you listing about 3 of the dozens of items I shipped. And then they were gone again. They didn't even try to guess who their SS was. I ended up revealing that myself sometime later.

I put a great deal of thought and effort and expense into my gifts that year (as I did the previous years). A picture or two and a more grateful sounding reaction and even a 1/2 hearted attempt to figure out who I was would have gone a very long way.

I was so hurt! I saw people posting pictures of their gifts and talking about the gifts they received and the sounds of happiness from those who sent the gifts as they saw their SS recipient open and display their presents..... it was so fun to watch. Unfortunately I wasn't able to partake in that feeling for myself. Which took a great deal of the fun out of SS for me.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Denice

I've started a crafts project with yarn that has a playful kitten on it. That's what it's supposed to be, hopefully it ends up looking like it's supposed to.
You shouldn't reveal something like that. You may give yourself away to your Santee - and that takes most of the fun out of it! You're supposed to torture them for a little while!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Denice

My two wouldn't care what it looked like as long as there was catnip inside.
I was thinking the same thing. Besides, what's wrong with a catnip Nessie?

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I've signed up 3 times and 2 times were mega fun, both giving and receving. It was so much fun to shop and then get a parcel in the mail and have people trying to sway me into opening it early
. I saw people posting pictures of their gifts and talking about the gifts they received and the sounds of happiness from those who sent the gifts..... it was so fun to watch.

I love giving and getting presents. But for me the most pleasure is derived from giving gifts to people and watching/listening to their reaction. That is what truly makes my heart sing!

I'm still left disillusioned from one of my SS recipients who was more absent then they were here and were gone for weeks and months at a time. In fact they were so absent that when I was given their name I didn't even know who they were.

I spent several months shopping. Almost every time I went shopping I found myself buying "just one more thing" for my SS parcel. I mailed my parcel by express post to make sure it arrived on time. I knew the exact date it was delivered.

The person was in an absentee period and it was weeks before they even acknowledged having received it. And when they did finally acknoweldge receipt, there were no pictures, only a 2 sentence thank you listing about 3 of the dozens of items I shipped. And then they were gone again. They didn't even try to guess who their SS was. I ended up revealing that myself sometime later.

I put a great deal of thought and effort and expense into my gifts that year (as I did the previous years). A picture or two and a more grateful sounding reaction and even a 1/2 hearted attempt to figure out who I was would have gone a very long way.

I was so hurt! I saw people posting pictures of their gifts and talking about the gifts they received and the sounds of happiness from those who sent the gifts as they saw their SS recipient open and display their presents..... it was so fun to watch. Unfortunately I wasn't able to partake in that feeling for myself. Which took a great deal of the fun out of SS for me.
Something similar happened to me one year. I got notice it had been delivered and that it was being saved for Christmas, then, nothing. Later I discovered that my Santee had left TCS just at that moment. Months later I got a very perfunctory thanks. But I did not let it stop me because the vast majority of members play the game with all the enthusiasm, time and effort they can afford. It would be a shame to miss out on all the fun because of one bad experience.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

You shouldn't reveal something like that. You may give yourself away to your Santee - and that takes most of the fun out of it! You're supposed to torture them for a little while!
Yeah - just like I tortured you a couple years ago!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

12 sleeps guys and gals!!

Katie how many are signed up now?
there are 44, Ashley! I've even gotten into the llama spirit with my avatars here and on FB
That is the llama I told you about in that game on FB

and as far as folks not living up to their end of the bargain, per se, that is why the 15 current post rule was instituted. Even with that, however, there are bound to be folks who get busy, have issues in their personal lives, dog eats their camera, etc, etc ,etc. Unfortunately there's nothing that I can do to foresee that so sometimes there are less than satisfactory experiences- I myself had one in my early days, but that never stopped me

Oh, and while I'm thinking of it, my mind loses it's grip on things fairly easily
of those that have signed up: I know the "secret" part is what a lot of people love about Secret Santa, but I do participate and unfortunately I will know who will be my SS
So if there are any volunteers who are ok with that, please PM me..... I'm easy to please really, i like candy

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Yeah - just like I tortured you a couple years ago!
You're not referring to the Packers' t-shirt you made for me, are you? Or maybe the infamous Packers' cheesehead cat house?

crumbandharvey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awwww, maaaaan... the longer the posts go on, the more I want to be a part of this! I shouldn't spend $20 on a membership right now, but I reeeeeally wanna secret santa... aaaaagh!

How long do I have to make a decision?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CrumbAndHarvey

Awwww, maaaaan... the longer the posts go on, the more I want to be a part of this! I shouldn't spend $20 on a membership right now, but I reeeeeally wanna secret santa... aaaaagh!

You have until Sept. 25th to sign up.

The $20 is worth spending if you really want to participate.
It's really a lot of fun!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

You have until Sept. 25th to sign up.

The $20 is worth spending if you really want to participate.
It's really a lot of fun!
Yep, and you'll have friends for life...I guarantee it!!!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CrumbAndHarvey

Go for it!!!!
Make it an early Christmas present to yourself!
If your BF wonders where the money went... tell him a llama ate it.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Originally Posted by jennyranson

It would be a shame to miss out on all the fun because of one bad experience.
Please Natalie, listen to Jenny! I had more than 1 "bad" SS experience. Yet here I go again!
Just enjoy the "giving" as befits the season!

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

....dog eats their camera, etc, etc ,etc......
Or in my case the Savannah destroys the camera
!

Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Oh, and while I'm thinking of it, my mind loses it's grip on things fairly easily
of those that have signed up: I know the "secret" part is what a lot of people love about Secret Santa, but I do participate and unfortunately I will know who will be my SS
So if there are any volunteers who are ok with that, please PM me..... I'm easy to please really, i like candy
I am fine with it and would be honored to be your Secret Santa. I do have many other things besides candy to give you
. Is that okay with you
? PM sent.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Natalie dont let the one bad experiance ruin SS for you.

Im so excited for this year. I still have my Fatman memory piece that RubSlutsMommy made for me last year hanging in its place of honor. I cant bear to move it off the bookshelf where I hung it up. I miss my tubby lardo cat everday and everytime I look at what she made me it literally gives me the warm and fuzzys because noone but a member from TCS could have understood the sadness and heartbreak that followed after he passed away.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel - I still have the quilt with the white cats on it that Kluchetta made for me and the cross-stitch portrait from Anakat after I lost my Napoleon. These things really symbolise what TCS is all about.

crumbandharvey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Go for it!!!!
Make it an early Christmas present to yourself!
If your BF wonders where the money went... tell him a llama ate it.
We don't have joint accounts... he'd spend all of it!

And I definitely have another paycheck coming in between now and then... so we'll see...

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 3CatsN1Dog

Oh Natalie dont let the one bad experiance ruin SS for you.

Im so excited for this year. I still have my Fatman memory piece that RubSlutsMommy made for me last year hanging in its place of honor. I cant bear to move it off the bookshelf where I hung it up. I miss my tubby lardo cat everday and everytime I look at what she made me it literally gives me the warm and fuzzys because noone but a member from TCS could have understood the sadness and heartbreak that followed after he passed away.
I'm glad you're still enjoying it. I had just lost Jack, so I understood... I swear at times one of the girls has jumped up on the bed, and when I look, neither of them are there... so I know Jack is visiting. I'm sure Fatman is watching over you as well.

I know I stayed away a couple of years because I had goofed myself. I'd planned so much more for my recipient and life just got in the way. She got some, but not nearly as much as I'd intended... of course, I was going WAY overboard... as I have a terrible habit of doing... I'm one of those "we're going to need a bigger box" types...

Amanda

Status
Not open for further replies.