Secret Santa Discussion Thread

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Part of my SS present is some kitty toys. I just went upstairs to print something out, and came back downstairs and the kitty toys were all over the lounge room! I was only gone for a couple of minutes...

The kitties are just "quality control".

I'll be heading to the post office today!

I didn't realise there was a spending limit
What was it??

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Part of my SS present is some kitty toys. I just went upstairs to print something out, and came back downstairs and the kitty toys were all over the lounge room! I was only gone for a couple of minutes...

The kitties are just "quality control".

I'll be heading to the post office today!

I didn't realise there was a spending limit
What was it??
Haha... kitty QC! I bought a neat toy for my SS kitty/ies and it smelled a bit commercial so I tied it in a bag with a bit of catnip... you know, to entice the cat(s)... I put it in a box with the rest of my already bought x-mas gifts. The next day it was lying on the floor out of the box. Originally I though Matt had been snooping... until I saw the chew holes in the bag!

I don't remember what the limit was... I wanna say $20?

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I should be finished shopping today and sending it off today - I have had a tragic few weeks and things have finally settled down enough for me to shop.
Sorry SS.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Haha... kitty QC! I bought a neat toy for my SS kitty/ies and it smelled a bit commercial so I tied it in a bag with a bit of catnip... you know, to entice the cat(s)... I put it in a box with the rest of my already bought x-mas gifts. The next day it was lying on the floor out of the box. Originally I though Matt had been snooping... until I saw the chew holes in the bag!

I don't remember what the limit was... I wanna say $20?
Well there you go, I only just read something about a limit just before

Here's my girls being helpful:

Oooh are these going on the present?

Just making sure you left nothing behind!

The box isn't properly closed yet mum!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Well, I should be finished shopping today and sending it off today - I have had a tragic few weeks and things have finally settled down enough for me to shop.
Sorry SS.
It's ok, i can wait
*hopes to get a plush piggy*

Oh my, what a beautiful tail Smudgey has! I've never seen it before

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Oh my, what a beautiful tail Smudgey has! I've never seen it before
When she gets cuddles, she puffs her tail out completely so it's about 3 times the size!
She's such a sweetie!

The package is now sent!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Ahh the dark side. But has anyone here snuck into their mums wardrobe to see what they are getting before it's wrapped?...

yup, been there, done that...
Originally Posted by clixpix

What?
But...but...I DON'T WANNA BE BANNED!
to this plaintive wail, i can only repeat Jan...
open open open open open!!!!!
then we won't ban you

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh oh i wonder when i'll get mine oh oh.. Mine's been posted out 2 days now, i don't know how long it will take to get there!!! I want to be on the dark side!!Gimemeeeeeee

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise

When she gets cuddles, she puffs her tail out completely so it's about 3 times the size!
She's such a sweetie!

The package is now sent!
She's a strange one
Charlie only puffs his tail when he spots another kitty. Even though he hasn't fought with another kitty in 7 months he still goes to every single window and growls and his tail and back hair goes sooo spikey!!

She is definately a special girl

Yay i can't wait for my present!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still working on mine... ______________ will be getting two shipments... the first a smaller bit of stuff she has my FULL permission to open early (there WILL be chocolate), and then the larger to come... which, depending on the stars aligning properly, may or may not get there before Christmas.

It's a huge project (did I bite off more than i can chew? probably, but dang it, I had fun picking out the ______ to make it, and will have a blast making it, as it is a multi-step process... she'll understand when she sees it). I've been fighting with a million projects/work/feline crises, etc... but things should be settling down now... the first package should go in the mail by the end of this week... well, my week, which is an odd one. I need one more thing to finish off the small project (grr... I think I'll be returning the extra items i bought today that would have finished it off tonight), which I'll be getting tomorrow after work. I have chores to do tonight and am not going back out. I can assemble the identical item for a different secret santa thing (at work) and get it to the same stage this one is at.

I should know better to experiment at Christmas!!!

Oh yeah... and i need a box. grrrrr....

Amanda

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

I'm still working on mine... ______________ will be getting two shipments... the first a smaller bit of stuff she has my FULL permission to open early (there WILL be chocolate)
Oh you know me so well

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm still working on mine... ______________ will be getting two shipments... the first a smaller bit of stuff she has my FULL permission to open early (there WILL be chocolate), and then the larger to come... which, depending on the stars aligning properly, may or may not get there before Christmas.

It's a huge project (did I bite off more than i can chew? probably, but dang it, I had fun picking out the ______ to make it, and will have a blast making it, as it is a multi-step process... she'll understand when she sees it). I've been fighting with a million projects/work/feline crises, etc... but things should be settling down now... the first package should go in the mail by the end of this week... well, my week, which is an odd one. I need one more thing to finish off the small project (grr... I think I'll be returning the extra items i bought today that would have finished it off tonight), which I'll be getting tomorrow after work. I have chores to do tonight and am not going back out. I can assemble the identical item for a different secret santa thing (at work) and get it to the same stage this one is at.

Amanda
Wow, I can't wait to see what you've made!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Just a few reminders:

If you are going to post pictures of your box, please make sure your address is not visible unless you want everyone on the Internet to know where you live.
If you need help with blurring or blacking out the address, just post. We have plenty of members that would be more than willing to help.

For those of you shipping to another country, just an FYI that delivery has already slowed down considerably. I know one member shipped her package priority almost a month ago and it still has not been received. I can normally ship a package to the UK and have it delivered in a little over a week. I shipped one about 2-1/2 weeks ago and it has not been delivered yet.

For those of you waiting to receive gifts - Relax, it's only December 6th.
I am pretty sure my SS will be aiming for my package to arrive on or about December 25th and no sooner.
If you do receive your gift and are not planning to open it until Christmas, please either post that it has been received or PM myself, Chester & Piper or one of the Snooping Santas so we can let your SS know it arrived safely. We don't want any stressed out Santas.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Sorry SS.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To my SS recipient - I am mailing your present tomorrow and it does have chocolate in it!
I really don't want to be forced to leave TCS - I am on shakey ground all ready because I refuse to cross over to the Dark Side!
Although, I think one of the kids was trying to open their Kitty stocking - it was out from under the tree, lying on the living room rug!
But, nothing was opened yet - good kitties!!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Amanda
Boxes are free at the post office.

I know because I just mailed mine off today!!!!! It will be going over a river and through some woods to _________.