it's all a gimmic, and I still haven't manage to get that yet
all the people shown on TV are 20 for
out loud, and I'M NOT.

I have no secrets because I haven't found one

slitty_kittay

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have this one scary hair that grows just down from the corner of my eye!!
Its really freaky because its like a bristly pubic hair consistency..

at least its white - I feel for it coming up and pluck it out before it gets too visible.

I love creams and makeup but my skin is pretty pale and sensitive - I have to be careful or I get pimples or a rash from products. My skin is currently recovering from attempting to change moisturiser

I adore st ives scrub - When I went to england last year I brought back 5 bottles... (dont get it in sweden)

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey - where are you in Sweden? Because I can bring a whole heap of St Ives scrub out for you when I come to Copenhagen
I LOVE the stuff too... plus it smells fab!

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by slitty_kittay

I love creams and makeup but my skin is pretty pale and sensitive - I have to be careful or I get pimples or a rash from products. My skin is currently recovering from attempting to change moisturiser
I totally hear you... I have to use scent-free products on my face. Anything too harsh and I will have a bout of Rosacea (you might want to check with your doctor about this).

However, I did find a moisturizer that is great for pale, sensitive skin prone to redness and it's fantastic! It's called Rosaliac from La Roche-Posay. You can probably get it there (made in France) and though it's a tad pricey, it's definitely worth it.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have any beauty secrets from hubby - but when you've been together 22 years it's hard not to know each other's routines. Hubby colours my hair for me, so he probably knows more about the grey ones on my head than I do

I've only had my eyebrows waxed once - hubby said my eyes were so puffy I looked like I'd been in a boxing match. I decided it was far less torture to just rip them out with tweezers!

I don't bleach anything. I stay out of the sun and have never smoked. I do use moisturisers, especially around my eyes - but can't say I have a beauty routine as such.

me-n-my guys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by slitty_kittay

I have this one scary hair that grows just down from the corner of my eye!!
Its really freaky because its like a bristly pubic hair consistency..

at least its white - I feel for it coming up and pluck it out before it gets too visible.

I adore st ives scrub - When I went to england last year I brought back 5 bottles... (dont get it in sweden)
Could you get "Gerda Spillman" over there?

big bad wolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well there are "Maintenance" things I do:
1. Deep treat hair twice a month with Coconut Milk followed by a Protein Treatment
2. Daily use of Moisturizer/Sunscreen
3. Various facial waxing (eyebrows and upper Lip) on an "as-needed" basis

"Specials" - which is about once every three months (but I would like them more often)
1. Facial and/or Glycolic Acid treatment
2. Massage, oooh it's a great de-stresser !
3. Bleach/Whiten teeth

Special events only, weddings, cultural events
All of the above plus
1. Bleach arm hair
2. Shave "wispies" on neck
3. Manicure, pedicure

slitty_kittay

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

Hey - where are you in Sweden? Because I can bring a whole heap of St Ives scrub out for you when I come to Copenhagen
I LOVE the stuff too... plus it smells fab!
I know - its so fresh smelling! Usually smelly stuff irritates my skin but i like their scrub. I brought back 5 tubes - gave one to a friend, used 1 but I've still got nearly 3 whole ones left...

Thats a very kind offer - I live in Uppsala, not far from stockholm. When I run out maybe we can sort something out. I NEED MY SCRUB!

It was really funny when I got back from england - my partner nearly died when i was unpacking and he saw all the st ives and pantene I had brought back...

I have not seen any Gerda Spillman products, but I'm pretty sure La Roche was at my local Ã…hlen's... Will have a scout around - thanks for the suggestions folks!

big bad wolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello TTMom !

"The Coconut Milk" treatment does wonders (at least for my hair)

You will need:
an 8-12 oz can of coconut milk or coconut cream if the hair is extra dry.
a shower cap
a bandana or two
a tall glass or a bowl (your preference)
A towel
a bottle of V05 conditioner (like Key Lime Squeeze, Strawberries and Cream etc,). Mostly because this stuff is super cheap (about a dollar) and it's a very "thin" conditioner.

I usually do this at night
1. Be at your sink !
2. Pour Coconut milk/cream into a tall glass or a bowl. If you are using a glass - only fill it 3/4 up or it may overflow.
3. Dip hair into glass or bowl, first one side, then the other, about 20 seconds each side. I usually do it with my hair dry, when the hair is wet - it won't absorb as much.
4. Scoop up the rest and pat it over scalp hair or carefully pour over the head to get the rest of the hair.
5. Quick ! Bend over the sink and twist your hair up before the coconut milk goes everywhere and fold the hair against your head. Put the shower cap over your hair and then tie the bandana around the perimeter of the shower cap (to make a more or less tight seal - this stuff tends to drip).
6. Have towel already over pillow and go to sleep ! If not possible - keep on for at least two hours.
7. In the morning, jump into the shower and rinse the hair first with lukewarm water for a good two minutes.
8. Place several handfuls of the V05 Conditioner all over your hair and scalp. I end up using about 1/4 of the bottle. You really want as much of this on your hair as possible. The idea is that oil dissolves oil. The V05 conditiner will clean away the excess coconut deep treatment. Leave this on for about 5 minutes and then rinse again with lukewarm water for a good 2-3 minutes. ( I usually spend this time, shaving or soaping up)
9. Follow-up with your regular shampoo and conditioner.

Sometimes, I over-do it or my hair is not as dry as I thought it was and the hair ends up a little "piecey" afterwards. I put it up in a bun or a braid and just go to work that way (with the bun or braid it looks like "product" is in the hair). That evening or the next morning's shampoo will take the rest out.

The best part is the smell ! Exactly like coconuts !

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, so many interesting beauty secrets here! I don't really know I just like to get alot of sleep, which isn't hard since I love to sleep. I really like St. Ives Apricot facial scrub too.