Secret Beauty Rituals?

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alright y'all, fess up!
We ALL have beauty rituals (waxing, plucking, etc.) that we keep secret from our spouses/significant others.
Since we're all friends here, spill the beans!
I'll start (since I'm actually indulging in my secret beauty ritual right now). Along with a thick head of brown hair comes.....dark arm hair
So, once a month, I bleach my arm hair so it's hardly noticeable...
It's not a very fun process, but the results are great and Bradley has no idea!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Secrets like the restoration of the Tut´s Mummie???
... ...
LOL
Rigel, you are a funny guy! Yes, many of us women keep our beauty habits top-secret!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

LOL
Rigel, you are a funny guy! Yes, many of us women keep our beauty habits top-secret!
I´m soooooo sorry Amy but I alway´s Couldn´t resist to answer things like that!!!
you know me!

And Yes .....It´s a Ritual of course!!!
I see that when Gema is preparing to go out!
..:

Good Luck!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually have none, too much of a tomboy.
The obligatory shaving, and makeup if we go out is about all I do.
I've been going gray since I was 17, so I do keep my hair dyed, but he knows.
The few times it's gone a few months with out a dye, he tells me, "Perhaps we need to get you some dye, I'd hate for people to think you're robbing the cradle."

He's only 7 years younger than me

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rigel, does Gema do anything that she THINKS you don't know about, but you actually do know about?

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oooo I can't say any of my routines are secret - the way I apply my make-up to show up nice in photographs, or in candlelight... if I know what kind of light I'll be in most of the time, I adjust my make-up to suit. I ALWAYS use a face scrub BEFORE I apply make-up - that way I've got a baby-soft base to work on
The obligatory shaving and waxing and plucking... well he kinda takes it for granted that I do - the time will come when he'll be shocked that I HAVEN'T had the chance to do it. Hrmn.... I have been known to trim silly shapes in places!! Like the odd heart, star, Harry Potter thunderbolt.... a pawprint....
but uhm... nothing TOO out of the ordinary I don't think!!

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't do make-up either unless I'm going out and that hasn't been for a loooooong time
. Hmmmm, I have a scar on my chin (from a bicycle escapade when I was 12) that has wild hairs growing in it that I have to shave (I used to try plucking them ... don't try plucking hairs out of a scar --- yeoooowccchhh!) I'm not sure he's ever noticed that I shave my chin

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Though I'm a natural blonde, I do enhance it with highlights, which I maintain on a fairly regular basis. It's naturally straight and all one length, there's very little in terms of daily maintence and I don't use any product... just wash, dry and go.

I don't need to shave in many spots, because my body hair is very light and I don't have a lot of it... mainly calves and under the arms. I do pluck my eyebrows for definition and the odd dark hair from my chin.

I don't wear any makeup, except lipstick and mascara, but because I'm so white I use a self-tanner year round, and I've found one for fair skin called Lancome Soleil (Light) and I swear by it... it's amazing stuff for the pasty among us and there's no sunburn/sunstoke to deal with! Yay!

One more thing... I'm 32 but people often guess I'm 25. You know why? Because of sensitivity to sun, I've avoided it over the years, so I don't have many wrinkles. I also don't smoke and I've been moisturizing since my teens. Just a few tips for you young 'uns.

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, funny that you should post this! I just put one of those biore nose strips on (the pore cleaner things). I sat down for ten mins with it stuck on my nose then ripped it off! How cool are they? And yes it worked!!

The secret rituals? Umm .. haha I have two hairs that grow out of my neck ::censor::censor::censor:: and I have to pluck them regularly!

Ohhh and.... I have an appointment for a consultation at a lazer hair removal place - I want to get my legs done. It's gonna cost something like £900 for 6 sessions but then I should be hair free for life! No more waxing or shaving... you just have to go once or twice a year for a quick zap on the hairs!

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
be careful with electrolosis, my friend caught an infection from the beutician who did hers and was unable to get compensation because it was her word against theirs.

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maverick_kitten

be careful with electrolosis, my friend caught an infection from the beutician who did hers and was unable to get compensation because it was her word against theirs.
Was that an answer to moi?

Isn't lazer diff. from electrolysis?

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use the biore strips, 10 minutes dosen't seem to do it for me - they aren't just quite dry yet. I usually leave them on for 20 minutes and that seems to work for me. I like the biore strips better than the ponds or the store brand - just doesn't work the same!

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's sort of secret but I have to pluck the middle aged hairs out of my chin now, no shame just do it (I see too many women who don't notice and it's yucky)

I highlight my hair, no secret really. And also use an egg mask oncea month or so, just egg whites.

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Real eggs? What does that do for your skin, I would be interested to know cos it's something that I have never tried before

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Marge said:
It's sort of secret but I have to pluck the middle aged hairs out of my chin now, no shame just do it (I see too many women who don't notice and it's yucky)

QUOTE]

Oh, I just hate those buggers! And I have one very fine blond one that grows out of my FOREHEAD! It is basically invisible, but I have to pluck it!

The worst is gray eyebrow or nose hairs. I guess I was prepared for the hair on my head to turn gray, but occasionally I find a white hair in my eyebrows or once IN MY NOSE! They just had to go.

And although I'm 43, and have a few grays, I still have acne. So my teenage son and I both use stridex wipes!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Gilly

Well, funny that you should post this! I just put one of those biore nose strips on (the pore cleaner things). I sat down for ten mins with it stuck on my nose then ripped it off! How cool are they? And yes it worked!!

The secret rituals? Umm .. haha I have two hairs that grow out of my neck ::censor::censor::censor:: and I have to pluck them regularly!
Biore strips are GODSENDS!!!!
Don't feel bad
I have one random hair on my neck too that I pluck. Some of us are just a big unlucky, huh?