Purraise
Thank you for your support of responsible private ownership of exotics
Pictures of bobcats and cougar in the snow coming up soon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I have a few snow pictures here. I thought I would have had more, but most didn't come out very well, because the cats run around to much once they are outside. Nakoma and Boris were shy and didn't let me get any good ones of them. So, I will have to try to get a few more outside.
Here is Boris, he would not look at the camera

Amber watching the dog in the neighbors back yard.

Amber

Carmelo

Carmelo on his back in the snow.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those are magnificent cats! It easy to tell from your photos that they get the best of care. I hope nothing jeopordizes your ability to keep them exactly how you have been.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amber and Carmelo are really working the camera there!

They look so happy in the snow! You just wouldn't believe that they would be so content in such cold!!

I can't wait to see more pictures - especially when Nakoma and Boris are more cooperative!

Your big fur kids are just beautiful!

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW!! What magnificiant cats!!! They are beautiful!!! I live in Nebraska and would just love to see one in the wild!! I see cat tracks out by the river, but never had the opportunity to see one. When I lived in colorado I always wanted to see a mountain lion in the wild also!! Cats are so elusive in the wild!!!!

I just love all your cats!!! I always had a dream that I could have the land and facilities to rescue exotic cats from the cruel things that some people do to them!!

Thank god for big hearted people like you!!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
this may not be appropriate but give the ones you can a big hug for me..

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are splendid, as always, John. Got a particularly wonderful guffaw out of Carmelo on his back in the snow -- what a ham!
Looking forward to Boris and Nakoma, when they decide to cooperate.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Those are magnificent cats! It easy to tell from your photos that they get the best of care. I hope nothing jeopordizes your ability to keep them exactly how you have been.
Their care takes up a great deal of our time, but I would have it no other way. As for that possible ban bill, a few prayers will help as well
They look so happy in the snow! You just wouldn't believe that they would be so content in such cold!!
Amber and Boris love the cold. The one night it was zero degrees out and I had trouble getting those 2 to come in. They just looked at me like hey, we are having to much fun out here. Carmelo doesn't mind it as long as it isn't that cold, since he is still a young cub. If it is in the 20's he is ok, but when it is colder, he will stay out there for about 30 minutes. I feel guilty looking at Nakoma from inside the warm house, because he has to be out there 24 hours a day. But, his coat is so thick, that when the temperature gets into the 40's, he will pant from being to warm.
WOW!! What magnificiant cats!!! They are beautiful!!! I live in Nebraska and would just love to see one in the wild!!
Yes, even though we live with these cats and they are around us every day, my wife and I would love to see one out in the wild as well.
Thank god for big hearted people like you!!
this may not be appropriate but give the ones you can a big hug for me..
Awwww, they would love some hugs. However, Nakoma will have to settle for some I love you and eye blinks. He would not understand what hugs mean. However, if he was mine since he was a kitten, he would have gotten lots of hugs

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How has Nakoma progressed since you brough him home? It has been a while, and I was just wondering how much he has come along

PS!!!!! How is the ban in your state going?!? I am sorry I seen that kinda late, is there anything I can do still? My e-mail is in my profile, feel free to send me info etc... I am sooooo sick of these bans!!!!!!! Here in Missouri (Misery LOL ) the ban of the moment seems to be certain breeds of dogs. Each individual county can set up their own bans
So they differ from one to the next. So if you plan on owning a pit bull, doberman, rottweiler or any mixes (yes mixes) of those breeds you better check with your county first
what a drag! I thought this was America! So much for our freedom!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chichismom

How has Nakoma progressed since you brough him home? It has been a while, and I was just wondering how much he has come along

PS!!!!! How is the ban in your state going?!? I am sorry I seen that kinda late, is there anything I can do still? My e-mail is in my profile, feel free to send me info etc... I am sooooo sick of these bans!!!!!!! Here in Missouri (Misery LOL ) the ban of the moment seems to be certain breeds of dogs. Each individual county can set up their own bans
So they differ from one to the next. So if you plan on owning a pit bull, doberman, rottweiler or any mixes (yes mixes) of those breeds you better check with your county first
what a drag! I thought this was America! So much for our freedom!
Nakoma is doing really well. He will not allow me to pick him up and hold him like Amber and Boris, but by the look in his beautiful eyes, I know he is happy here
He loves to give me nice slow eye blinks as well. As for the ban, the bill has not been introduced to the state yet. We feel it will after the first of the year. We did catch this early and we have a lot of support against this stupid bill. So, we may be able to squash it before it is introduced. Lets pray that we can
I am so sick of these stupid laws myself. I can not state this enough. EVERYONE must fight these laws. Most of them are laws that are being supported by the Animal Rights groups and they must be stopped. These laws will affect every pet owner in the fututre, not just exotics. As you have stated, your state is even banning certain breeds of dogs. This is the beginning of a ban on domestic animals. Everyone who reads this and loves their animals must act now. You do not need to be an exotic animal owner and to help out in my state, everyone can get involved. The more the better. I will keep your name for my contact list. When the time comes, I will let you know when to take action. Thanks again
Let us win a victory for ALL animal lovers and start to put an end to the AR (animal rights) movement and their stupid ideas. They want to put an end to ALL animal ownership and they will win if we let them. I for one, will not let these nut jobs take away my rights to own and love the animals of my choice

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do the cats do much bird watching this time of year? Do you have feeders? (I can understand if not - I'm sure the bill for feeding the "zoo" is high enough!
)

And a big hug and ear skritch and chin chucking from me, too.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will call, write, e-mail whoever you need me to, in order to stop these wack-jobs from taking our babies
One of dogs they are banning in some parts of Missouri is Willy-he is in my siggy- now does he look like the biggest goof-ball ever!! LOL If they want to ban something, they should ban irresponsible pet owners from ever owning an animal again! That would solve ALOT of issues!

Does Nakoma allow Boris or Amber to join him in his enclosure?

I also noticed you feed them raw chicken. How on earth do you afford that!!!??? As big as they are, I am sure they pack quite an appetite! Do they enjoy the regular dry cat food as well?Sorry I have alot of questions. I am just curious about these beautiful creatures

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Do the cats do much bird watching this time of year? Do you have feeders? (I can understand if not - I'm sure the bill for feeding the "zoo" is high enough!
)

And a big hug and ear skritch and chin chucking from me, too.
It's funny, the big cats don't seem to watch the birds like the domestics do. They have more fun watching the neighbors dog who runs loose and all the stray cats in the area as well. I was thinking of putting a bird feeder up near the enclosure, so Nakoma could see and the cats inside could see it as well, but I figured with those cats watching, the birds would probably stay away
I will be sure to give them all a hug for you. Carmelo already gave me his. The first thing he does when you get up, is walk up to you, stand on his back legs and give you a hug. It's so cute, but at the same time, I have to kindly push him down. You don't want to teach a cougar that it is ok to jump up and hug you when he is full grown. After I push him down, I hold him next to me, while he is standing on all 4 feet and hug him that way.
I will call, write, e-mail whoever you need me to, in order to stop these wack-jobs from taking our babies One of dogs they are banning in some parts of Missouri is Willy-he is in my siggy- now does he look like the biggest goof-ball ever!! LOL If they want to ban something, they should ban irresponsible pet owners from ever owning an animal again! That would solve ALOT of issues!

Does Nakoma allow Boris or Amber to join him in his enclosure?

I also noticed you feed them raw chicken. How on earth do you afford that!!!??? As big as they are, I am sure they pack quite an appetite! Do they enjoy the regular dry cat food as well?Sorry I have alot of questions. I am just curious about these beautiful creatures
Thank you thank you thank you
So, what kind of dog is Willy? He is banned? You have got to be kidding me
These lawmakers need to know that we DO NOT work for them THEY work for us!! They must know that we will no longer, as a so called free nation...yeah right, give me a break, take this kind of nonsense from them. They let their power go to their heads and feel the need to control people. Well, I for one, will not be controlled by them. There are far worse things for them to worry about, than what type of pets people own. I understand fair regulations, you know, if you have a dog that is classified as vicious or an exotic cat, that you would need to have some sort of secure fencing for the dog and a strong secure enclosure for the cat. Should that animal get out, you get a warning the first time and the next time you would be fined. After all, being a responsible owner also means keeping the public safe. But, NEVER a ban!!
As for Nakoma, yes, he likes when he gets company and he really likes Carmelo. Yes, they get raw chicken, bones and all. Bones are good for them, provides calcium, but they must be raw. Cooked bones would be dangerous. Actually, the cost of chicken is much cheaper than the food I feed the domestics. Our domestics get Eukanuba, whcich costs a little over $2 per pound. But I can get chicken, the leg quarters, at anywhere from 29-49 cents per pound and the legs for 79-95 cents per pound. However, they do go through a lot. Nakoma will eat 2 leg quarters per night. The leg quarters are the thigh and leg together and depending on their size, that is about 1-2 pounds per night. Amber and Boris like the legs better and Carmelo, he will eat anything
They get other meats as well, like beef, venison (deer) and the giblets, hearts and livers. All the meat is supplemented with vitamins for exotic felines as well. Yes, feeding time is a lot of work
Yes, they do like the dry cat food as well, but I only let them have that as a treat once in a while. No need to apologize for all the questions
I like to answer them all. Education is the key here. I feel once people learn about these wonderful cats, just maybe we can stop all these bans. Good responsible owners should not be made to suffer. Pursuit of happiness, I thought that was our right in this country. My animals make me very happy, so why are they being banned? So many people are killed and injured in the bathtub or shower every day. Should we ban them too? After all, those showers and tubs are so very dangerous

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i understand your anger over the banning of animals and certain breeds. The province of Ontario just banned all pit bulls in the province based on a few animal attacks. (i think it should be the bad dog owners that are banned from the province...i was thinking we could send them to Anarctica?). All current pitbulls have to be registered, muzzled and neutered and any pitbulls born are automatically put to sleep. It is so sad to watch. Makes me furious!

I hope your work suceeds in stopping the ban!