Saki's gone

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Count yourself as lucky that the biggest thing you have to grumble about this morning is sweeping up the litter and the lousy landlord. Saki's safe, so that's all that really matters.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
btw does anyone know WHY cats hate helium balloons so much?? I dont know why I didnt think about it earlier.. probly because I was too busy freaking out... but Chichi at my parents house same thing, she sees a balloon and she's hiding for days.

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whew!!! I was scared to view this thread in fear of hearing some terrible news....but I'm so relieved to find that Saki is home!!! YAY!

auroraviva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whew! I got so freaked out when I first saw this, I was afraid something terrible had happened! I'm glad you found him safe and sound (although a bit freaked out, perhaps) under the bed!

3blackcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OMG Sicy, I am so happy and relielved that your little boy is home safe!

I bet that wine tasted wonderful after almost having a heart attack!

Saki, please give your mommy some headbonks and kisses - she deserves it
and so do you!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Poor you! I would have been frantic (and enraged), too! I'm so glad he didn't get out. I've had a few moments like that with JC, who usually, but not always, comes when I call him. If he doesn't respond, then I search the house, and he finds some ingenious hiding places, like under some thick down comforters stacked in the spare bedroom during the dog days of August, or as a kitten, between the radiator and the wall in the living room. At least you know that nobody can bring balloons into the apartment now.

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WHEW!!!

Thank God he's alright and with his Mom.

Saki - if you read this please don't give your mom such worry ok?

*Hugs and friendly ear scratches and tummy rubs to Saki.*

superkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG Whew, I read the first post and I just got this huge knot in my stomach! I was already calling my sister and hubby and getting ready with the flashlights to come help you look. Glad I finished the thread first!

*OK taking huge deep breath, heartbeat slowly going back to normal* Saki glad you're home.

creepyowl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow. What a scare. Glad kitty is safe and was all the time.

Emmett gave me a scare kind of like that. I was just getting ready to fall asleep when he made this strange meow like he was trapped or hurt. So I jumped out of bed and started calling him. He usually comes when I call.

So I'm calling, looking all over the apartment, shaking the treats. Every now and then I'd hear the bell on his collar faintly and I couldn't pin point where it was coming from.

So at this point I'm panicing and I can't find him.

He casually walks out of somewhere all calm and cool. I could have killed him!!!

But its great that Saki is okay and you're happy and not tossing the boy out....which I would have done in your case too

rfox

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Argh! Damn balloons. They probably think they are some big predator, like a hawk or something.

Anyway, I feel really relieved for you, girl!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I just read this thread and at first my heart sank to my toes! But then I read all the way through! What a scare you had there Sicy! I'm glad everything worked out just fine.

coco maui

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet your fiance is the most relieved of all. I can't imagine how guilty he was feeling for letting Saki out (well sorta).
Glad you found him safe and sound

catsplay.com

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG I just now read this -- thank GOD he was under the bed!!!!!!!!!!! As I read through each page I was praying I would find good news!!

charmsdad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you found him, and that he was home. Many years ago (early 80's) when I lived in an apartment just outside of DC my cat "Kitty" got out. For two days I kept searching for her in a panic. Finally one day I just told my dog to "find the cat" and he ran right to a nearby apartment building, chased off all the other cats in the area, and sat by the steps. Kitty was hiding under them. It took half an hour to coax her out, but having the dog there (her buddy) helped. She was fine. Apparently the other cats had chased her under there and she had sat and held them off (She was in heat - but that was when the concept of spay/neuter was just catching on as a normal.) As it turned out, she was not pregnant and I had her spayed shortly after. (Money was tight at the time, but she and the dog were my babies.) A few months later some of the neighborhood cats were outside my window making a lot of noise. I went out to see what was going on and Kitty ran right past me. She chased off the other cats and came trotting back with her head up very proud. I don't every remember her trying to get out again.

George

sang72

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad you found her, I remember when my brother accidentally let dopey out of the house, I wandered around the neighborhood for hours with a flashlight and a bag of deli turkey looking for her. I was ready to fedex you my kitty trap to put outside of the building. Give her a BIG hug and kiss for me.

Happy for you

Sang

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Coco Maui
I bet your fiance is the most relieved of all. I can't imagine how guilty he was feeling for letting Saki out (well sorta).
Glad you found him safe and sound
He was really feeling bad. We had to laugh about it later because he said all he kept thinking was 'oh my god oh my god I am freaking dead oh my god'. On my Valentine's day card he wrote that he thought for sure he would be sleeping with the strays LOL!

Thanks again everyone for being so caring. The people here are so truly kind and understanding.. and really have a way of making people feel better in their time of distress. ((( hugs to all )))