sahas kittens due in 5 days!! any last advice for me?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nikkigrant99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
one that we have fed as we think he is a stray but im not too sure if he has a home, i dont want to go and neuter someone elses cat without their permission and the other one lives across the street and they dont want him neutered. how do i find out if my regular visitor is a stray. i have asked about and one lady said she thinks he belongs to someone down the road but doesnt know the house number :mad: there arent many (if any) strays about here as i live in a place with alot of houseing near a city centre. i would gladly take JJ (THATS WHAT I CALL HIM) in as my own but i have a feeling he has a home as he is very friendly, just likes coming round here all the time. i have thought of putting up posters of him do you think that would work? i dont want to overstep the bounderies of someone elses cat.

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If someone can't be bothered to get their cat neutered and it's causing you problems I don't see any reason to be too fey about getting their cat neutered.  What sort of owner lets an entire male cat roam?  A bad one.  I never bothered trying to find out whose cats I got neutered when they were coming in my house and spraying, or spraying beside the front door, I just got it done.  Neither of them were chipped, and the vet wasn't going to ask me lots of questions.

As to the people who don't want to neuter - have you discussed this with them and given them the facts about why neutering is best?  Longer life, less health problems and so on?  A quick Google for 'cat castration benefits' will give you lots of amo.  If they still won't budge then I'd turn the hose on him every time I spot him.

If they don't know you'd like him neutered I'd just get it done.  Naughty I know, but so is not getting their cat neutered.

nikkigrant99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
he he he thanks. 

you have a point, if they not chipped or neutered how am i to know if they have homes lol. i wouldnt feel comfertable taking their cat tho so i think i am going to go round to the house and tell them benefits of it and hopefully they make the right choice. when the black cat (one who lives across street) came back round i have numerous times thrown water on him. once kittens are born and a bit older and i feel safe leaving them, im going to make it my mission to find out if JJ has a home. i mean if he doesnt he would make a great companion for sasha and the kitten we are keeping :D

nikkigrant99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ok so update. 

probably nothing but sasha has been majorly affectionatly and been jumping on my knee and pummling me and purring very loudly. she jumped off me then went upstiars to her room but it was just to eat. could this be the start of something or did she just want cuddles? 

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tiva was SUPER affectionate the entire night before she gave birth. Hopefully this is a sign of things to start!!

nikkigrant99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
nope still nothing :( 

wish sasha would hurry up and let me see those kittens 

nikkigrant99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ok now sasha is jumping about like a mad cat! and beign very playful. at times she looks a little scared/on edge and being jumpy but i dunno if she just wanting to play.when i go to pat her she is fine and happy, but she been goin over by my 2 little girls and getting playful with them. this is the most action she has made in weeks is this normal has anyone had this before?

beafly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I dunno :( I think that after waiting so long and being so impatient we are looking at every single thing the queen does and hoping for something :D at least that s what s happening to me :D

buuuutttttt

still nothing!! It has been so nerve wrecking :D

This is what happened:

On March 16 I took Ginger to the vet because she had what it seemed to be a swollen vein on her belly. Well turns out it was the reaction of the mammary glands andddd that she was pregnant. The vet could feel a couple of babies and she said that considering their size, Ginger had been at least a month pregnant and to expect a litter around Easter.

The week of Easter I took her again to the vet who said everything was fine ( we also noticed she had granuloma which is disappearing now fortunately).

No litter around Easter (8 of May)  and after 2 weeks still no signs.... The kittens are still moving and everything so they are healthy I think and Ginger is content... But seems to have no intention of popping... 

What do you guys think? could the vet have been wrong? 

Love

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you read through my entire thread I was waiting A LONG time and felt like every day there was little signs where "oooo it might be it!" and really there ended up being no true signs at all before her going into labor other than being overly OVERLY affectionate the night before. I was able to FEEL kittens moving for almost 5 WEEKS before she had her babies!!!! and about 3 1/2 weeks where I could SEE them moving!!! Tiva's normally such a tiny cat all of those milestones of her pregnancy came way before the norm I had read, which was normally being able to feel the babies 2-3 weeks before delivery and being able to see them moving 1-2 weeks before. She also had 6 kittens inside of her so it was a pretty decent sized litter. But hopefully it will come soon for you all, it felt like I was playing the waiting game forever! Good luck, hoping for a fast delivery with healthy little babies for both of your mommas!

Last edited:

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beafly, part of your problem is that you seem to have no idea when your cat got pregnant.  An average length is 65 days from first mating, so if today is day 65 then she got pregnant on the 14th Feb (that might be a day or so out).

Apart from a slight personality change, the first ovious sign most people notice is 'pinking up' (nipples enlarge and get pinker) at about 21 days.

If she was just pinking up on the 16th March then she got pregnant at the latest 2 weeks earlier - 2nd March - so the due date is May 6th.

If she was 3 weeks pregnant (first mated 24th Feb) then your due date is 30th April.

But, not having any idea when a cat mated is one of many reasons why letting an entire female roam isn't a good idea.  You have no idea if the pregnancy is proceeding normally, or if she is delivering early or late.  You have no idea when she is due which can make planning the rest of your life difficult.

beafly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
But, not having any idea when a cat mated is one of many reasons why letting an entire female roam isn't a good idea.  You have no idea if the pregnancy is proceeding normally, or if she is delivering early or late.  You have no idea when she is due which can make planning the rest of your life difficult.
I do have no idea ! or better I have a slight idea: between the 17 of february and the 25 ... but my problem was (maybe you read my post where i introduced myself) I plan on moving to the US next year so I am costantly back and forth and Ginger lives at my parents house and I was gone Between end of December and beginning of March which was when Ginger had her first call , I should have thought about getting her spayed earlier but for me she was just a kitty.. well I was pretty ignorant :D sooo I am trying to learn every day about cats on these site, on books etc. 

I did notice she was pinking up already days before, the only thing that sounded weird to me is that my vet sounded very sure about the litter showing up around easter.. But I guess it's normal if we dont know the due date to get it wrong even for a professional..? 

Thank you!

Orientalslave are you a breeder?

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do have no idea ! or better I have a slight idea: between the 17 of february and the 25 ...

<snip>

Orientalslave are you a breeder?
The online calculator I found gives 1st May if she mated 25th Feb.  However it could well have been earlier, and 17th Feb gives a due date of 25th April, and today is the 21st April so I'd suggest you have at least 5 days to go.

Am I a breeder?  Not yet, but I have fostered a number of cats with kittens, I've got my GCCF prefix and the kitten I hope will be my foundation queen (if all continues to go well) is 4 weeks old right now.  She's the same breed as the cat I used to show.

Last edited:

nikkigrant99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
still no signs of kittens its driving me mad! think they just to comfy and warm in there. sasha still happy and healthy eatting and drinking and most of time sleeping, can still feel kittens move but the movments arent as strong as im guessing they dont have alot of room in there as she is huge now. i will try get a photo of her today later. im goin to phone vet on monday just to see what they say.

nikkigrant99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

fattys tummy its hard getting a pic of her stanging because she doesnt want to stand much

nikkigrant99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
SASHA UPDATE: well last night she kept me n my hubby up purring and being rather restless jumping from bed to one of her nesting spots,very restless, we both thought this was it. she wanted me patting her lying beside her. she was purring really loudly ...but still nothing. so tiered me called vet this morning and they think that dates might have been slightly wrong but kittens should be here in next few days.....