Sagging skin under belly

ziggy'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Can you get stuff you need for the cat on the internet? India is a big country so I would think that most things would be available somewhere and it would just be a matter of shipping it. Of course that could be expensive. I have no clue how mail and stuff like that works in India.
I found this site that sells cat food: http://www.indiamart.com/glenandgrou...-and-cat-foods
and this one:
http://www.indiamart.com/aquas-star/...cessories.html
This site sells Royal Canin which is a really good quality food although not cheap:
http://www.indiamart.com/wisdom-pet-.../dog-food.html

So it's out there. Just tricky to get I guess.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you use sweetened condensed milk, thats going to be a lot of sugar, so I'd probably leave out the corn syrup/honey.
I'd also probably use half the amount of milk and use the goat milk for the other half.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

z_yunus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

jjvvvtribe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It is just genetics. It isn't fat or anything to worry about. It isn't about spaying or neutering. Two of my cats have it and two don't. One that does is female and the other male. I have read that it is for times of plenty so they can gorge themselves when there is food so that they can survive until the next kill. Also that mother cats need it so that they can gorge themselves in order to bring the food back to their young by regurgitating it . I have also read that the loose belly skin is because the back legs are so much longer than the front and they need the loose skin to stretch out their back legs when they run hard after prey. My cats are siblings and their mama was a stray that was well loved in the neighborhood for her hunting prowess and her appetite for ground squirrels. Thinking back on her lifestyle I can fully understand why she or any cat that lived like she did would need that belly flap for all the reasons above. I have certainly seen plenty of them and they are completely normal.

smallz0704

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I adopted a rescue kitten that was just under a month old. I fed him Kitten milk from Walmart and raw chicken meat. He is happy and healthy at four months old. Just try to remember what feral/wild cats eat: raw meat, freshly killed rodents and birds, even bugs. High protein foods. They are meat eaters. If this kitten is going to be allowed outside, he will be the best hunter on a full tummy. The kitten I adopted still prefers raw meat over canned cat/kitten food. I have also boiled chicken for him. He likes the real stuff best!

tashac

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's called a primordial pouch and is perfectly normal and you see it in lions, tigers and other cats too as well as domestic cats. It's a layer of fat to protect vital organs from kicks and also so the cat can stretch out fully when running, jumping etc. Cat's skin is naturally loose for their range of movements and so they can easily slip from another's mouth. How much of one a cat has is genetic. My last cat hardly had one but my cat I have now has a big pouch.