Sad New Years Eve Thread

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I was younger, it was all about going away and having parties. Now I am content staying home and watching DVDs with my hubby. New Years day will be spent at my house having a barbie with my family. It should be good!

sailfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nothing going on here... Maybe some early evening TV. Going to cook a goose New Years Day. Nobody I know wants goose so I'll go it alone, Should be an adventure.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to feel that way as well. My boyfriend calls NYE "amateurs night." People go out and force themselves to have fun, get drunk, do stupid things.

It's overpriced... and crowded.

He and I will sometimes get together with friends, sometimes it is a simple dinner with the two of us. His birthday is Jan 3 so sometimes that night is a special birthday dinner that I make for him... usually rack of lamb.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Growing up, I always had to babysit my much-younger siblings, and never really got into going to new year parties. When I was in college, I was a music major, which equals party every night anyway, so New Year I never did anything special. Then when I moved in with hubby we were always working Bingo for the organization he worked with. Now I'm happy to just hang out and watch interesting things like VH1 best music of the year/decade, or same with a news channel.

Lol, guess I'm old and boring. But I'll probably be on TCS as well!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Years ago when I was in my 20's I would go out most years on New Year's Eve. Not all, but many.

The last time I went out for New Year's was in the late 1980's. My friend and I decided we were going to go to a huge fancy ball room party. The theme was "Roaring Twenties", and been the $100.00 ticket, the drinks, the transportation, the hair appointment, the outfit (dress, shoes, body shaper [because every bump showed under the knit dress], head band, and jewellery) I figured out that I spent about $750.00 for one single night out!! I don't know how much my friend spent, but she probably was pretty close to that too!

I decided after that that I had spent my lifetime limit for New Year's entertainment!!

Now I just stay home, order in some food, drink diet coke and watch a movie. Usually I'm in bed by 10pm!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sad again, you all have someone there to be with, I have no one.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

Why be sad? When you are with yourself, you have the best company that you could ever have!

I'm going to be home alone on New Year's Eve.

I enjoy my own company and I'm very rarely lonely when I'm by myself because I can always find ways to entertain myself, even if it's just curling up with a good book, or snuggling with my kitties.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will probably be in bed by New Years. The last party I went to was 2 years ago when I won tickets to the New Year's Bash at a local nightclub. Meals was not included but while we did have fun, it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. I did get to see Gary Sinese (from CSI NY) and the Lt. Dan Band. He is cuter in person! But that was the highlight of the night and he didn't even start playing till about 11:30. We left at about 12:30 or so. Last year we just stayed home and probably will this year.

And don't be sad about being alone. DH is always in bed long before me, so I might as well be alone.

LOL We should all have a party online!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My usual MO for NYE is hanging out with my parents, playing cards and eating
My ex used to want to go out and party and I never had a good time
but then I can't just sit around and drink. This year I have sort of big plans and I'll be honest, I'm having a bad case of the "I don't wanna goes"

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Growing up, I always had to babysit my much-younger siblings, and never really got into going to new year parties. When I was in college, I was a music major, which equals party every night anyway, so New Year I never did anything special. Then when I moved in with hubby we were always working Bingo for the organization he worked with. Now I'm happy to just hang out and watch interesting things like VH1 best music of the year/decade, or same with a news channel.

Lol, guess I'm old and boring. But I'll probably be on TCS as well!
You could play animal crossing - apparently they have something when it is midnight!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That makes two of us... I would love to be with my friends and family too... Not partying, but doing all the rituals that we do in Brazil... Wearing white, eating pomegranate and then carefully keeping 6 seeds in the wallet, throwing salt over the left shoulder, popping the champagne, standing on the right foot for the count down, hugging hugging hugging hugging, sharing the bay leaves for everybody's wallets... remembering what we are leaving behind, and what we are wishing for the brand new year...
And no... you can't replace the energy of the hugs of the people you love... New Year's eve is another sad evening for me, BUT, at the same time, it signifies something much bigger - a new year! new beginning, new hope, like a breath of fresh air! So, even though it is sad that I am not with my friends (in LA) and family (in Brazil), at the same time it is a very happy time - I Thank GOD 2009 is ending, and I can't wait for 2010!

2009 Was a terrible year for me, and can't go fast enough, so I try to look not at the evening of December 31st, but actually at what is going on... It is a New Year!
bye bye old, nasty 2009! see ya!

Besides, this is My chinese year too - the year of The Tiger, so hopefully it will be a little better!

Trillcat, That night will be over and a whole new year will be here, enjoy!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Sitting around complaining doesn't change anything, you have to get out there and make things happen. Join a club, play a sport - something to meet new people if you want new friends.

I've always had quiet news years', too many drunken idiots around in town or the clubs I'd rather be either alone or with a few close friends than a bunch of strangers.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

My "someone" has to get up at 4:30 a.m. New Year's Day for work, so he'll be in bed by 8:30 p.m.. I'm going to curl up on the couch with Jamie and a good book, and will probably check out what's going on here at TCS.

jupeycat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

My "someone" has to get up at 4:30 a.m. New Year's Day for work, so he'll be in bed by 8:30 p.m.. I'm going to curl up on the couch with Jamie and a good book, and will probably check out what's going on here at TCS.
And my 'someone' will be on his third 12 hour night shift in a row. Good job I have another five someones here to annoy me :p!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NYE will not be fun for me.......10 years ago that night my husband proposed to me, and almost 10 years of marriage later, he has asked for a divorce, which will be final on January 14. Needless to say, I'm not inthe best of moods and just will go to bed early to try and get through it with the least amount of tears as possible.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are having our friend round to stay as he is on his own but he said that it wouldn't bother him if he were at home alone as he usually does. He normally just watches tv a couple of drinks and is in bed by 9pm. I think you are ahead of us in time by 8 hours. I will more than likely be on here so if anyone fancies a chat. Even though I have my hubby with me, we have spent most new years him on his pc, me on my laptop, no convo (well its like that most nights actually
). We find it hard to get babysitters, especially on New years eve and I used to get upset when my parents rang from a party they were at but it doesn't bother me now, they put great things on the tv and theres always something to do on the internet (like coming here!). Whatever you are doing have a good one, its only one night and really just a normal night, just some people go more over the top than others with it. xx

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just posted in the New Years plans thread but to be honest my perfect NYE would be at home with my cats - especially this year because Tales is due to have kittens. I love spending time at home and I had the best new years eve last year just in my home town. Even though I'm going away I'll be spending every minute thinking of my four legged fur monkeys.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I didn't have any plans anyway, never do, but my grandmother passed away this morning so my new year's will be even sadder.
I am sorry for your loss...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I didn't have any plans anyway, never do, but my grandmother passed away this morning so my new year's will be even sadder.
I am so sorry for your loss as well