roseanne got wierd....

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loved Rosanne! I only watched reruns, so I never got to see the final season--glad, now! That sounds awful. Talk about a bad note to end it on. I don't even want to think about Dan dying.

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Roseanne is one of my favorite shows. I agree that the last season was really weird... It definitely wasn't the same show, but I guess she wanted to take some.. risks I suppose. The best seasons were up until she got pregnant again. I think there were some definitely serious episodes before the last season. They were:
Roseanne's dad dies, Becky leaves home and Dan loses the bike shop, the power gets turned off, Darlene has to have emergency surgery for her appendix, Roseanne quits her job at the factory, and finally the one where Jackie's boyfriend beats her up. BTW in real life he was her boyfriend and the father of her child when she got pregnant. That episode is also one of my favorites for humor, when dan gets arrested for smacking him, and darlene has to bail him out, and he waives at dj's teacher from the back of the car! I think the original cast also had some TALENTED actors, including john goodman, lecy goranson, sarah gilbert, and the actresses that played her sister and her mother.

iarecrystal

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am a HUGE fan of Nick At Nite, especially Roseanne. It's my favorite show on the channel. It did get weird toward the end, but I liked how they had fun with it and got really wacky. The last season was a shocker when I saw it not too long ago but I still enjoyed it.