Robiotic Vacuum Cleaners

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you own one. If you do, what is the brand name and the model number. Tell me more about it. Do you like it? Does it work good and do a good job?

I might want to put one on my Christmas list.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I got the BobSweep, and I love it.

I set it to go while I am at work 3x a week to help control the cat hair. It goes on both hardwood and carpet. it also has an UV light to help sterilize.

Only downside is that it doesn't go over the saddle of doorways to some rooms, it's too tall for it. And it doesn't come with a blocker like iRobot to prevent it from going in other rooms.

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A former co-worker had a Roomba for awhile. She said it worked well but because the vacuum cleaner was round, it couldn't get into corners and up against baseboards so she'd have to use a broom and dustpan to get everything the Roomba didn't get.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I had a Roomba, too. I really liked it for awhile. It REALLY helped with keeping the cat hair picked up. But if I didn't remember to keep the cat toys picked up, it was always getting clogged up with tiny felt mice or the string from a DaBird toy. :frustrated: After awhile, it seemed more trouble than it was worth. :dunno:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know it would not clean into the corners. I just thought it might be something I could do in between the regular vacuuming.

betsygee

Staff Member
Purraise
I know it would not clean into the corners. I just thought it might be something I could do in between the regular vacuuming.
If you don’t have cat toys and things screwn around the house like we do, :paperbag: it probably would help. It did pick up a lot of dust and cat hair!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have rug runners going down my hallway. Would I have to move them, or does it have enough power to go on top of them.

monkeymind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks for starting this thread. i spent a ton of time comparing models last year in hopes of getting one for christmas. we havent gotten one yet but the reviews on the shark are pretty good, especially bc of price. There is a good brand that has corner access, just blanking on the name. Also, Amazon has a lot of different brands that are way cheaper than Roomba. Many have great reviews but you want to look closely for the carpeting factor. if you dont have carpet- there are a lot of reasonably priced models. Anyway, you inspired me to try again this xmas and its great to see new brands like shark joining in! Keep us posted!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am going to Target sometime soon. I am going to take a look at them. I am thinking, I could just turn it on and let it do whatever it was capable of. Maybe it would get the dust bunnies under the beds, etc. That would be good until I could get the regular cleaning done.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
Just be sure it doesn't run over poop. This has happened to too many people. You can just imagine

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have any poop on the floor in my house so that wouldn't be a problem.
was in Target yesterday. I wrote down the names and model numbers of the ones they sell and plan to research and read some reviews on them.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Just be sure it doesn't run over poop. This has happened to too many people. You can just imagine

I am laughing because this happened to my parents recently. They have an older dog that does have accidents here and there. My dad thought about throwing out the roomba, but instead felt cleaning it out would be better than buying new at $300.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have some friends at church who have the Roomba. They are older models and one person said hers has lost its sense of direction. I won't go back to the docking station. The sensors must wear out. I have seen some good prices on E Bay for used ones. I definitely think I would just buy a new one.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I have considered a robotic vacuum. I'm sure it would help between regular cleanings. And then there would be the other reason for getting one.

Last edited:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Does anyone know how these robotic vacuums behave around long drapes. I wonder if they get tangled up in long curtains.

betsygee

Staff Member
Purraise
Unless the curtains are actually touching the floor, that shouldn't be a problem. We have blinds here, though, so I didn't have to deal with that.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I could afford one. As it is, I have an extremely lightweight upright because of my bad back. It works just fine, but even that can wear me out on a bad day.