Rip Clarence

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know where Clarence and I will go yet. I figure I should get him back around the time Rick comes home from Vegas. I may drive him down to see my kids....that's about a 2-1/2 hour drive, so 5 hours of driving. I am so excited! Thanks!
I can't wait to see how good he looks!! I hope the two of you have many more great adventures together! :hyper:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks! I'll take some pictures of him tomorrow after I wash him. He's also getting a new dashboard; his old one has a nasty crack. Thanks Kat!!

JimmyJimmy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey! That's a pretty nasty thing to say to someone who's obviously had a wonderful relationship with her PT Cruiser. Didn't you learn that if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all? That's how it works here.

Clarence has been faithful to Winchester Winchester for a very long time and she has some terrific memories with him. We're all very happy that he's getting all dressed up again for some more happy years. Good for both of them!
Life can be so boring when nobody has an opinion that inspires thought and provokes comment? - or is that a bit to reactionary???

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Life can be so boring when nobody has an opinion that inspires thought and provokes comment? - or is that a bit to reactionary???
Exactly what thought were you trying to inspire? What comments were you looking to provoke? OK. You don't like the PT Cruiser. You are an "automotive professional". Good for you. Don't buy one. Winchester Winchester loves Clarence. That is what this thread is about. This thread was started by a woman who loves her vehicle and wants to keep it. You obviously have an issue with that and you could have just ignored it but instead you felt the need to call her out because of your "professional" opinion.

Pam + Clarence = Happy :cloud9:

Last edited by a moderator:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Didn't you learn that if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all? That's how it works here.
Yes, that is how it works here and it applies to everyone. We're all getting a bit too personal in this thread.

Differences of opinion are certainly welcome here, but this is the Cat Lounge, not In My Opinion and your comment could have been phrased a little better. ;)

Just a reminder to all that if you have an issue with a post to please flag it and don't respond in a thread.

Thanks!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
OMG, Clarence is finished! :hearthrob:
I can't pick him up until Monday because the guy is leaving at 4:00 to go to a soccer tournament and he won't be back til Sunday sometime. I work until 4:00, so there's no way I can get him tonight; even if I left at 3, Rick wouldn't get home until after 3:30 and we can't get down to the garage in time. I told him that we'd pick the car up Monday afternoon after work.

:woohoo::banana1::dance::jump::jive::clap::biggrin:

Can you tell I'm excited??!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on the beautification of Clarence! My ex-neighbors were given a PT Cruiser for a
rental car while theirs was being repaired. I drove it a few times and loved it. There was
something so cosy about it.

Enjoy!

Mia

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Its going to be a loooong weekend and Monday! Do you feel like a kid at Christmas? :D
It's like a combination of Christmas and my birthday....only it's a present from me to me. This is purely my thing; Rick isn't paying for it at all. He offered to and I turned him down.

I know Clarence is not going to look new; he's 17 years old! But I'm excited about it anyway. I'm just hoping for another couple of years. Rick is happy because I'll still get to drive him for 2-3 months yet, until the snow flies and he has to be put into storage.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's like a combination of Christmas and my birthday....only it's a present from me to me. This is purely my thing; Rick isn't paying for it at all. He offered to and I turned him down.

I know Clarence is not going to look new; he's 17 years old! But I'm excited about it anyway. I'm just hoping for another couple of years. Rick is happy because I'll still get to drive him for 2-3 months yet, until the snow flies and he has to be put into storage.
The real dynamic duo will be creating havoc on Pennsylvania's streets very soon! :clap2:

I'm glad you're excited about getting Clarence back. I am looking forward to seeing how good he looks now but he'll look even better with you behind the wheel! :hyper:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Indeed! :lol: A couple months ago, Clarence and I were driving home from work and I was....uh....going a wee bit faster than the speed limit, well, maybe even a wee bit faster than the wee bit over the speed limit. The cop who pulled me off told me how fast I was going (I knew) and I said, "Really?? Wow! I didn't think the boy could go that fast." He looked at me and he shook his head and started cracking a smile. I got a warning. It's pretty well known through town that I have a lead foot.

Thanks! I am excited! Tomorrow!

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
You lead a charmed life, girl! I'd have been under the jail.

When I was teaching, we weren't supposed to get any tickets. There was a point system and just a couple of tickets could put you over the limit. Then your teaching certificate would be suspended. I think the limit was three points. One guy managed to accumulate 12 points in one incident. He was flying at about twice the speed limit, blew through a couple of stop lights and a sign, sideswiped one car and plowed into another. He also shot past a stopped school bus and didn't have insurance. Other than that, he was fine. Idiot! He never got his certificate back.

You better be thinking up some good excuses because the two of you are going to be hitting the roads hard and fast soon.

We all expect a post and a photo as soon as you get him home.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I did get a speeding ticket a couple years ago, same place, same time as I was coming home from work. I was driving the Tucson then. He ticketed me, I paid it, and life went on. I think if we get too many points, we have to take a drivers' safety class. Every year they want us to sign a paper that they have the right to check on our driving record. And every year, I and a bunch of others, refuse to sign the paper. I'll give them a copy of my DL, my registration for the Tucson (even though I drive Clarence most of the time), and my insurance card. Everything has most of the information completely blacked out. And I won't sign their stupid paper.

When we were in Minnesota a few years ago, I got a ticket and I knew I was going well over 70 mph. I pulled over, the cop got out of the car, and hiked his pants up over his belly. He was wearing these shiny shades and I said to Rick, "Good lord, this is it. Deliverance! We're gonna disappear! And on a reservation yet!" I was more than a little worried. Seriously. But he took my info, gave me the ticket, told us to have a nice day and that was it. Got home and I paid the ticket with a check and mailed it out. That was it. Evidently the states don't tell each other about violations because I got no points. And that one would have been ugly, I'm afraid.

The thing here is that I tend to know many of the police officers in town. So when they get to me, it's like "Hi Pam, how's it going?" :paperbag::paperbag: I hand over my stuff, they record it all, hand it all back to me, give me the ticket or the warning and I leave. When I got that ticket a couple years ago, he lowered my actual speed (I was going over 70), which meant no points. Still had to pay the fine though.

I got pulled off one night for impersonating a drunk driver! I was NOT drunk! I swear I was NOT drunk; hadn't even been drinking. I was, however, dead on my butt, which caused me to go over the center line on a curve. That was all it took.

I do have a lead foot.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
yep lead foot here-I resigned to being lead foot on highways only. Back roads nope. I will tick people off because I won't go over 5 of posted. The highway=well I go with the flow. If everyone is going 80 or 85 then I will too...

yes pictures!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
He looks fantastic! OMGosh, he looks gorgeous! Got him home and then after getting groceries and having dinner, Clarence and I went for a long ride. We just now got home. It's most too dark to get some decent pictures, so we'll try tomorrow when I get home from work.

I am returning the dashboard; when he unwrapped it, it was cracked. I already talked to the company and they'll accept it back and refund my money. So now I'm looking for another dashboard. I may just get some kind of a cover at this point.

I can honestly say that I am just thrilled. He looks so RED. He was so oxidized from all that sun for 17 years and now he just looks so RED. I am so happy. You know, it just makes me smile. Come what may, I will never regret doing this.