Rip Clarence

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Don't think of it as losing Clarence, but as Clarence donating his organs in order that others may live...:lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Don't think of it as losing Clarence, but as Clarence donating his organs in order that others may live...:lol:
Oh believe me, I did think of that! :lol: Rick said that every time I saw a Cruiser, I'd be thinking, "Hmmm, does he have any Clarence in him?"

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
He's done! Clarence is done! I got the phone call right before I left work. We'll probably go up tomorrow night and pick the boy up. :woohoo:I am giddy!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I know! He'll be heart-broken to think I was going to give up on him that easily.

His "face lift" is next.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Yay so happy for you!! GOOD JOB! I am getting work done on my truck today. Intake Manifold Gasket or valve cover gasket or both. She's still running strong! Starts up hard some mornings and some pinging until the oil gets into the engine then it goes away. Let's hope I get another 2 years..I don't want to give up on her yet. And I don't want any car payments ever again!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Great news indeed! And guess who brought me into work this morning! :redheartpump: We were going to go get him last night, but Rick isn't feeling well and I didn't want him to have to run my butt back into town. We picked him up on the way into work this morning and I drove him. He started right up, I mean, right up, which he wasn't doing before; he started, but he had been starting hard. Turned the key and boom, there he was. Still need to adjust the clock; he's about five hours behind. Didn't have a pen with me and the only thing small enough to adjust the clock is a pen tip.

So I started him up, threw a CD in, and we took off. I waved to Rick and he was just sitting there, shaking his head (I know, he puts up with a lot, doesn't he?!)

Clarence has exactly 150,808 miles as of this morning.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, Karen. He goes in for paint in three weeks; the guy just called me back.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm taking Clarence down on Tuesday night for his face-lift! :hearthrob: :cloud9: I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for this to happen. The guy has been really busy with other stuff and he hasn't had time for car-painting. But he called me today and asked me if Clarence was ready. And yes, he is! I'm so excited! I should be able to drive him for about three months yet before the snow starts to fly around here. Hopefully!

JimmyJimmy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've been a motor dealer/car trader for over 42 years and nearly every make and model of car has passed through my sweaty money grabbing hands! I can quite honestly say that the Chrysler PT cruiser is probably the nastiest,badly designed and even more badly built than anything else I've ever come across.What is in a persons head when they decide that a PT Cruiser is the car for them?

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been a motor dealer/car trader for over 42 years and nearly every make and model of car has passed through my sweaty money grabbing hands! I can quite honestly say that the Chrysler PT cruiser is probably the nastiest,badly designed and even more badly built than anything else I've ever come across.What is in a persons head when they decide that a PT Cruiser is the car for them?
Hey! That's a pretty nasty thing to say to someone who's obviously had a wonderful relationship with her PT Cruiser. Didn't you learn that if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all? That's how it works here.

Clarence has been faithful to Winchester Winchester for a very long time and she has some terrific memories with him. We're all very happy that he's getting all dressed up again for some more happy years. Good for both of them!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for your :2cents:, which is about all it was worth.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm taking Clarence down on Tuesday night for his face-lift! :hearthrob: :cloud9: I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for this to happen. The guy has been really busy with other stuff and he hasn't had time for car-painting. But he called me today and asked me if Clarence was ready. And yes, he is! I'm so excited! I should be able to drive him for about three months yet before the snow starts to fly around here. Hopefully!
Yippee! Now THAT'S something to look forward to! I'm really excited for you! Will he get his new dash at the same time?
How long will it take? :mommy:

Other than driving him home, have you decided where your first trip will be?

I'm so happy I'm bouncing like Tigger!:wow:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I don't know where Clarence and I will go yet. I figure I should get him back around the time Rick comes home from Vegas. I may drive him down to see my kids....that's about a 2-1/2 hour drive, so 5 hours of driving. I am so excited! Thanks!