Rescue Queen #2

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Meet snowbell! She is about 6 months old and came to me in bad shape. She had a huge nasty mark on her neck from a Tom. It was infected and stinky. She was infested with fleas and ear mites. She had a bald spot and had been painted pink with greasy lip stick or something. It smelled good and was very sparkly. But I got her fix up and hair is almost all back. She is only light pink now and I'm waiting on the Revolution I ordered to come. She is also about 7/8 weeks pregnant and has a really bow legged run. So funny to watch. You can't tell by my phone camera, but she has a blue smudge mark on her head and bright yellow eyes. She will make someone a wonderful pet once she is spayed of course! The dad to her kittens is a white male with green eyes and "brindle" spots. I don't know the proper names for most color patterns :-( But Snowbell and I hope you will enjoy our story and thanks for reading!!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Snowflake, like your other  protegée, is a beauty!

If they have good psyche, try and show them up in the Household Pet Class, they do have such at almost every Cat Show.

So funny her tom is also a white cat.  Lets see what comes out, but probably them whites too.   :)

Good luck!

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
'brindle' spots sounds like white and tabby - more white than tabby - and 'brindle' sounds like the tabby pattern is mackerel tabby - stripped tabby.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I went over and got a pick of her Tom today so people could see him. They know that's the Tom because they bread them in a create for like two weeks :-(. I am not sure of her breed and I don't think she is show quality. But thank you for the complement :) She is very sweet now that she knows she is safe. At first she hid from us.

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any friendly, outgoing cat in good condition and well-groomed is in show condition for being shown as a household pet.  To be shown as a pedigree a cat has to be registered, as well as all of the above.

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh lol thank you for that info. I didn't even know they did that. I'd love more information on how to get involved!

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks!!! You can still see the pink on her, but she is getting healthy faster then I thought. She was so hurt an nasty when I got her!! Why anyone would knock up a cat on purpose then abuse her and through her out because she is pregnant is beyond me!! Both these girls are wonderful!!

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today Snowbell has been so so loving. She has been confined to my daughters room and seems way more relaxed. Even if the door is left open she will not come out. She hides under the bed till she hears my voice. Then she RUNS (waddle) to me and tries to climb me like a tree lol!! She gets jealous if I pay too much attention to her belly, she wants all the attention on her face. She is starting just today to have more then just enlarged nipples. Anyone know if there is a day that this happens for first timer mums? O have never paid attention before and I'm confused on how far along she is! Maybe there is no one day when they start to get milk sacks. No milk has been seen yet. But I have never milked anything before lol. Any hints will help, thank you!!

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately I think it varies between cats, but with my own cat 20 years ago she had them in the morning and had the kittens in the evening.  I notice you said she looked a bit dirty 'down there' as well in another post - maybe she can't clean herself there now?

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well yes I have started helping her clean as much as she lets me. But the dirty I'm talking about is from the birth canal. Its kinda gross lol. Braxton Hicks about every hour for both my girls. They are pretty much doing nothing but sleeping for the last 24 hours. No more nesting. I'm thinking they might be farther then 7 weeks :)??

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Plug is gone!! Hope the babies are not too early! :) maybe she will wait another week! Duchess lost her's today to, weird! Her tummy is so tight and she wiggles so much I can't tell how often she is contracting.

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I will! My luck it will be a week lol. I just hope I can get the pictures to load up :D

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well Snow has decided to calm down today. Mostly sleep and grooming. Although I don't think she does a very good job, I wonder how early she was taken from her mother. She refuses to let me clean her, hope it doesn't effect the babies? She is still eating but only like 6 pieces of kitten food at a time. My phone isn't letting me put pictures up which is all I have so......I don't know :(

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she is heavily pregnant she can't each much at a time, but might be eating quite often.

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No she is throwing up, two times. Both times she went right back and eat some more, then within minutes threw up again. Noe she is back at her bowl!

lindz2785

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So both of your fosters are vomiting?? I would be worried that they were sick.. Are they having diarrhea?

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No, no only Duchess. I was just responding to the comment on here. Sorry! And it was just the two times, it has stop for now, thank goodness!