Rescue Momma and Kittens... Advice Needed Please!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
They are doing so great! My boyfriend took over the feedings yesterday because I worked a double (the only one this week) and he had off so that worked out! Their eyes are already looking a lot better!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I need to paint their nails tonight when I get home so I can record their weights and more accurately see gains and losses. Tonight they are all around 13 oz. One is 12.9 oz and the rest are a little over 13 oz! Tonight they seem to be getting some milk from Andy as they aren't as ravenous when I went in to feed them... Do you think her milk could have come back in that fast?

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's possible. The more they nurse, the more the milk is produced. Milk production slows down when nursing decreases.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I knew that, I just wasn't sure how long it might take. I figure she wasn't producing any since her babies are 9 weeks old now, but with the new three week old kittens I figured that she would start producing again eventually I just wasn't thinking it would be so soon!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Their weights are right on target for 3 weeks! [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's possible. The more they nurse, the more the milk is produced. Milk production slows down when nursing decreases.
And let us not forget Jasper, whose determined nursing on a Labrador retriever who had never even been bred caused said dog to accept that the kitten was her puppy and begin to lactate. 

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise

And let us not forget Jasper, whose determined nursing on a Labrador retriever who had never even been bred caused said dog to accept that the kitten was her puppy and begin to lactate. 
Yes! I read that thread! Too cute!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Once you get toenails painted, you can get them named and formally introduce us!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Hey guys! Sorry its been so long since I have updated! We have been so busy! We took in two adult cats that were left behind when their owners moved out. Luckily Andy started producing milk for these babies and has taken over their care almost entirely- they have started eating wet kitten food now and are learning the litter box! I still haven't had time to name them but I am going to do that today! For now enjoy some pictures! Most are of Andy mothering them! If you look by her you will see the sweet black fluff balls!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, I am just catching up the last two pages. What a sweetheart Andy is! You are blessed to have her. Such a good girl! Wow, now you will have two adults as well as the newest babies. You are amazing!! Can't wait to see what names you come up with for theses new babies. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I love Andy so much, she is so sweet- loves all over me when I come into her room. Unfortunately she doesn't like my dogs so I don't think she would ever be happy here. I named the black babies! I decided they will all be named starting with the letter "F" as the theme! I believe there is 3 boys and a girl! They are Francesca, Franklin, Flynn, and Felix!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
After posting that update... We are taking little Franklin to the vet this evening! I am at a loss as to what is wrong with him... He has an eye infection, which we were giving Terramyocin for. But I just noticed yesterday evening that he has some discharge/swelling near his butt that smells. I can't tell where it is coming from! And now I am not sure that he is eating, he seems pretty lethargic! :( Our appointment is at 6:15! 

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After posting that update... We are taking little Franklin to the vet this evening! I am at a loss as to what is wrong with him... He has an eye infection, which we were giving Terramyocin for. But I just noticed yesterday evening that he has some discharge/swelling near his butt that smells. I can't tell where it is coming from! And now I am not sure that he is eating, he seems pretty lethargic! :( Our appointment is at 6:15! 
Sending lots of love to you and little Franklin [emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
ashade1 ashade1

Oh dear! Poor little guy. Try to get some clear pedialyte or formula into him if he's not eating. Use the honey on the lips trick for quick energy. Sounds like he possibly has an abscess that may be infected. He may have fever.

Please update after you see the vet. I sure hope he'll be okay!

Last edited: