Requesting Vibes for our Tippy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks...dh just called, he's picking him up and I'll know more when they get home.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

I hate PKD.
I totally and completely understand. PKD is an ugly, ugly disease. And I'm so sorry Tippy has been affected by this.
I remember going through many of the same things with little Hallie. But bless you for taking such good care of him and for loving him through this!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

Maybe you will get some good news Pat.
You know, I honestly didn't think that was possible. But we did..in an odd way. They told my husband the cysts in the kidneys have really grown, which we expected as the disease progresses...but then, and this really isn't unusual, they told him they found something they had never seen (but one vet had heard of)..pseudocysts around the kidneys filled with huge amounts of fluid. They drained almost a liter (!!!!) from one, and almost 400 mls from the other. He should feel SO much more comfortable now - they said these were filling his entire abdomen. We know the fluid will fill back, but no one knows how long it would take to get to this amount again, so I expect him to be MUCH more comfy with this fluid drained off.

I'll take it..now I feel like we again have months, instead of weeks or days.

DH put his cell phone on speaker so I could speak to Tippy and he said Tippy stretched out a paw to touch the phone
and that he's been purring and moofing the carrier bars ever since dh picked him up. A much more himself Tippy from everything I'm hearing (he'd become very quiet this past week).

So...we did get some good news afterall

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At least you got some good news. Some good news is better than no good news, right?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad you got a bit of a reprieve, Pat, and it does sound as if your fella will be a lot more comfortable, with all that fluid gone.
that it buys him a nice piece of time.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's good to hear that you got some positive news. I hope Tippy is feeling better. Hopeful that the fluid doesn't return too quickly.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm glad the news was positive.
I hope the fluid returns very slowly.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know that Tippy's purring and moofing are enough to fill you with joy Pat.

Sometimes, it's those little things that mean so much to us.
Tippy

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad that the results weren't as bad as you first thought, and hope that you both have lots more time together.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well we really do have some good news! His urine protein/creatinine ratio, where normal is under .5, came back as .2!

This is the test where the last time they did a cysto, they got a bizarre result of 112.

My vet feels they can reaspirate his cysts if we need to when they get swollen like this again, and believes we may have bought him a lot more time

Imagine me smiling.