Request for a bit of board magic

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Pride and Joy (aka Joshua) is going to the vets tomorrow, he's dropping weight, not firming up his stools again, and last night, had two episodes of slight opened mouth breathing that reminded me of Chris<RB> with his chylothorax (after he'd stabilized...not when he had his acute crisis...for that, josh would have gone in immediately).

I'm not sure what this is, I'm not sure we can turn this around. He's been on borrowed time for about 3 years from a huge crisis he had at that time, and surprisingly came through. If one went solely on the brightness in his eyes, his responsiveness and purr, it shouldn't be his time, but he's way too thin, there can be no more loss, he must regain (and has been on tapazole for years, as well as a special diet for his ibd).

that it's as simple as increasing his tapazole dose and pureeing his z/d (we are down to only a few teeth). Josh is my second oldest kitty, 16+ y.o., a gorgeous Lilac Lynx Point American Curl(and was my beloved Christopher's father, he is Patrick's son).

Please be thinking of him tomorrow.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pat,

Praying for you and Josh. I feel I'm facing this soon also and need to get my 16 yr old in again to the vet - eating less each day and the old tricks aren't working. I hope they are able to tell you what's wrong.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very sorry to hear Joshua isn't doing well, I will certainly be keeping him and you in my prayers tomorrow. I hope everything works out and he's ok.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw poor Joshua. He'll definitely be in my thoughts and let us know how it goes!

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor sweet Joshua. He's in our thoughts and prayers here as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Joshua had his exam this morning and the news is not good. He developed breathing issues (off and on, just enough to let me know something else was an issue besides his losing weight), and what appears to be a tumor was found on x-ray in one lung. My vet strongly suspects it is cancerous..Joshua has been in fragile health for the past 3 years, even if surgery were an option, he couldn't handle it. He is home, off any diet restrictions (He has pretty severe ibd), and in a few days, he will go over the Rainbow Bridge to join his mother, grandmother and his son, Chris.

My thanks to everyone who said a prayer for him, please keep him in your thoughts. I will be off the board for the immediate future.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no Pat, I'm so sorry. Poor Joshua. But soon he will be joining family and friends and will stop hurting... sad that while we say goodbye so that he can be in peace, we hurt even more.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww sweet lady, I am so sorry the prognosis was not good for him. You and I already talked, but I will say it again. He could not ask for a better caretaker than you. You have the wisdom to know what to do, and you have the wisdom to know when to stop doing and let go-

Hugs Pat (((((((())))))))) I will light a candle in the window to show him the way-