Remembering Aniki

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. It will be an ongoing process, I guess. Some days good, some days bad.

People are trying to get me out of the house. But I think it's important that I come to terms with dealing with not having him around here anymore. When I go out, coming home to nothing is always hard.

I'm hoping that kitten sitting for Maple will help distract me. I have been kitten proofing all day and cleaning out the extra bedroom where she will be staying until she is comfortable.

As an added bonus, if I can handle her, then there's no reason I can't get a younger -- maybe much younger -- cat when I'm ready. I'm already kitten proofed so why not!

I feel a lot better now that I got that out. Grief can be like a late day summer thunderstorm: it's all nice and sunny, then suddenly the clouds roll in and it storms. Five minutes later, it's sunny again.
Exactly. We can be feeling just fine and all of a sudden a mental or emotional image changes everything. That's part of grief and it never goes away. There is no "closure" but there is change. You have to listen to your own intuition.