Reintroducing Littermates

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

We finally got Mysti fixed last week, and they are back to hating each other! *face palm*

Just lots of hissing and growling, no swatting or anything serious. My mom is due to come over tomorrow with her bird, so we will have to keep the cats put away separate from each other when no one is in the living room...

It's a mess. 
She smells different from being at the vet. Rub a bit of vanilla (the real kind) under each of their chins. They should get over it quickly!
Definitely agree with @talkingpeanut, here. The vet smells must be antagonizing to Gypsy. Not to mention if Mysti needs some time to rest and recoup.

I'm kind of curious on how they both reacted to having a bird in the house? Keeping the bird safe is priority one, so hopefully, you had somewhere safe and quiet for the bird to be.

Do you have any updated photos of the two sassy cat sisters?

And is Gypsy still top cat?

I think it's normal for cats to 'have spats', like MServant mentioned, even when not going to the vets.

(At least the cats, that I've had seemed to always get into serious loud vocalizations, swipes, or 'roll-arounds' from time to time. I never knew what set it off.)

(Even now, the 1.5 year old siblings I have, will slap each other, chase, and become loud, from time to time. I'm always thinking it's payback for a previous altercation, but really, it might just be one wanting to play, while the other does not, or one playing too roughly, exerting dominance.)

Last edited: