Regarding The Fate Of A Feral I Have Kept For 8 Years :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BeausMommy16

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
PS: sorry for the typos...never took typing and was in a rush earlier. Thanks, once more!!! Love that there is actually a sote just for kitties, and good people helping other good people navigate their way through cat mother or fatherhood.

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your post made me cry thinking of my own hand raised from kittens colony I had to relinquish to farmers as barn cats. It’s been over a year and every day I go through the mental exercise of my decision vs euthanasia.

BUT the chance at life! Good for you!

I’m not saying you will have hard days.....personally I don’t think that will ever end, but nothing happens by accident.

Hug them both special, say those special things in their ears and know that they are in you heart...as living memories.

Keep the faith!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful loving decision to let Beau go with Chloe so she will have a buddy. Maybe their new mom will send you updates and pictures so you will know how they are doing? Thank you for choosing life for her. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BeausMommy16

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your post made me cry thinking of my own hand raised from kittens colony I had to relinquish to farmers as barn cats. It’s been over a year and every day I go through the mental exercise of my decision vs euthanasia.

BUT the chance at life! Good for you!

I’m not saying you will have hard days.....personally I don’t think that will ever end, but nothing happens by accident.

Hug them both special, say those special things in their ears and know that they are in you heart...as living memories.

Keep the faith!
Hi...thank you so much for sharing that you also needed to make this sort of decision. I ‘know’ you did the right thing, so it makes it much more clear that I am doing the right thing, too. Reflecting on it all, I know the sadness will come and go, but my allowing them to have ‘decent lives,’ in terms of choosing among the options there are for them, is what I will focus on when the sadness comes...
I am now so very aware that the memes online about ‘when you adopt a pet, you adopt them forever,’ can create deep shame in those of us who cannot accomplish this...that doing the right thing is not so simple... the right thing is very personal... only their guardian knows what is truly best...even if it seems scary...
We all die someday... if Beau or Chloe die necause they weren’t kept in a house and completely protected from nature or other cats, I really need to accept that it is a price I feel each would pay for having this particular chance at a life of adventure together... my prayers will go out for them daily, but I need to be very clear in my heart that if a worst case scenario happens, it will not have made the right for them decision into a wrong decision.
Thank you for listening...and thank you so mich for your share. God bless you for helping the kitties. I will keep the faith and remember that everything happens for a reason....my heart is growing over this, and perhaps it is reason enough... small tears here with that reflection. Thanks

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It must be very hard to have a kitty for 8 years that you can't even get close enough to take a picture of or touch. I can imagine your angst about moving her across the ocean. I am glad you have found a home for her. I think you would have felt badly had you put her down, especially after losing your mom. This is such a tender time for you, I am very glad you found a place for Chloe. :alright: