Regarding Amber, John and the baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the record, birth announcements and obits are only done if the family requests and pays for them.

Public records on the other hand are just that, public.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

I myself am speechless. I did not know either of these members, and it's just so hard to know what to believe. In my head I know people are capable of unimaginable things, but my heart always wants to believe the person is being honest.
Me to. A lot of people tell me I am way to trusting. I just want to see the good in everyone.

But what seems weird to me is that he asked for donations to the animal shelters around us to be made in Amber's name.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

What if she didnt use her real name on here?
And, is CatlessGoatMan even a real person? There's just too many "ifs" that many of us would rather not answer, nor know the truth. I feel a bit cheated myself.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

but cant they find a record of her giving birth?

What if she didnt use her real name on here?
From my understanding there are no birth records or death records of either Amber or the baby.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anne - thank you for checking up on the story. I keep thinking back to when Cathi died - there was proof provided, etc (her obit), but I kept checking online for Amber's obit, and could not find anything...felt it was strange.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I must be more gullible than I thought if your suspicions are true........I'm truly an honest person and I just assume that most people are too.........

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Anne - thank you for checking up on the story. I keep thinking back to when Cathi died - there was proof provided, etc (her obit), but I kept checking online for Amber's obit, and could not find anything...felt it was strange.
If Amber's death is also fabricated, it makes people who were a part of the internet and actually passed away look bad.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

I must be more gullible than I thought if your suspicions are true........I'm truly an honest person and I just assume that most people are too.........
Me, too Susie. I never, ever even questioned the story....I am too trusting. I'm glad that it was checked into before anything was done!

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm crushed. I have a very bad habit of believing people and taking them at their word.

I lost sleep thinking about little Kaelyn.....I don't think I'll ever forget than name and now to find out it may have been a hoax.......

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

He never mentioned her funeral.
But then again, after my grandma died, we didn't have a funeral until a week or so later.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Regardless of whether Amber is alive or dead and I hope she is alive, these people need to be prayed for because if she is not dead, this is really sick and scary to say the least.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

He never mentioned her funeral.
He did when he was looking for music like two days after, but remember he still couldn't give us a date.

Now that I think about it, John and Amber could've been the same person. One person looking to get their kicks, you can pull personal pics from anywhere on the net. Rememeber one of the first belly pics she posted had amber across the pic?? She said that someone had stolen her pics before or something...makes you wonder now.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Me, too Susie. I never, ever even questioned the story....I am too trusting. I'm glad that it was checked into before anything was done!
I never questioned the story either, except for the fact that the obituary wasn't online. But like others have said, some people wouldn't want their family members obits online. I am way too trusting..
Now I'm feeling a little wary about the other members. How do we know if we're "real", if that makes any sense?..

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Regardless of whether Amber is alive or dead and I hope she is alive, these people need to be prayed for because if she is not dead, this is really sick and scary to say the least.
I agree.

Like kittenkiya, i lost sleep at first thinking of that baby losing its mother.

I kept wondering about how a pregnant woman would have internal bleeding and he made no mention of an autopsy - if it was me and it happened to a family member, I would want to know what happened!

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I thought I was just being my non trusting NYC person. This couple had so much drama happen to them. It's so sad that they need this much attention.
Thank you for following up with this situation and protecting us before donations were made.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If i ever die in Germany, Tricia is the one who would have to break the news to you!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Silly question, but did anyone ever talk to Amber or John like on the phone? I know PMs were sent & stuff....

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what to believe now.

I cannot understand why anyone would lie about such a thing, it just makes NO sense to me whatsoever.

I won't accuse - if I were John and approached with disbelief about it, in my grief, I would leave TCS as well. That wouldn't mean that I had misrepresented anything. It would mean that I lost faith in a group that I felt had been supportive of me.

I do understand that there are those who enjoy pretending that they are someone that they are not, but again, I just don't understand why people do that, it makes zero sense to me.

I can appreciate, though, the need to research to verify, and am sad that the findings are unsubstantiated.

How horrible for anyone to do this to this group of VERY caring people, if, in fact, the story was completely false.

But part of me still believes that it is true. I guess now we won't ever know for sure. So sad, all the way around.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

A lot of people were fooled Susie, if this was a scam they were professionals
Originally Posted by Moz

If Amber's death is also fabricated, it makes people who were a part of the internet and actually passed away look bad.
I wouldn't take it to much to heart Moz, these were just a couple people out of the hundreds on this site that are genuine, real people. Don't let this make you a cynic

Status
Not open for further replies.