Real LIVE webcam of a watering hole in Africa!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

http://www9.nationalgeographic.com/n...ica/index.html

Here is another link, this one to National Geographic. I am just trying it now, but others I know who have been watching have said they've seen elephants, rhino and lions. And from what I've been told it's much "busier" than the pond at the other link.
This site is even better in some ways. There's almost always an animal of some sort around. I watched it for about a half an hour, and I saw (of course) Impalas, monkeys, an aardvark(!), and a croc(!!). Sometimes the camera's a bit far away, and the wind seems to blow and make it shake, but there are tons more animals!
I open a window with each of them, and flick between the two!

alikatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm seeing a GORGEOUS either brown hawk or eagle, just chilling in the water. It's so funny watching him/her move it's head around, and open and close it's mouth like it's talking. What a pretty little thing.

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love both of these sites! when one isn't active, the other one is! At the watering hole there's nothing much going on. At Pete's Pond there's a male ostrich strutting around and baboons grooming each other.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have both sites open at the same time. I open the africam.com site into IE and the National Geographic one in Real Player.

Today I managed to see:

National Geographic:
- elephants including 3 young ones
- Ostriches
- 2 giraf (one was a baby)
- lots of blue guinea fowl
- 1 duck
- gazelle
- impalas
- Baboons including lots of young ones
- 1 large predator bird (maybe a hawk?)

Africam.com: