Reaching out to you all

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Thanks for the compliments :hugs. I just know how I feel about things on the web, and they are indeed real to me.

And contrary to popular belief, I DO have a
hidden away somewhere....
Whodathunkit, eh, Neet?

As for "real" -- just because we can't physically touch each other, does not mean we can't touch in other ways -- and does not make us any less real. Some people don't get that, and they are the poorer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we heard from him just today on the other forum, and he is feeling very weak and like a pin cushion. They are still running all sorts of tests, and I guess we were previously misinformed because he said the surgery is Friday meaning NEXT Friday. Coming to us third-hand, we thought that meant earlier today.

He sounds like he is hanging in there and he is being his same old funny self, but we know that he is terminal. We all are, really, but he is truly looking his mortality in the mouth. He's known it for a while, as have we, but just really started taking it seriously this week after his heart attack. I don't know if he is a transplant candidate or not. He promises to give us more info when he feels a little stronger, but he has always been a very private person.

In the meantime, he's resting in the hospital, being taken care of and able to check in once in a great while. If I know him, he's playing Majongg on a laptop when he's awake and not too groggy from the meds.

He knows that people are praying for him and sends his deep thanks - he's a bit embarrassed by it but I know that it means alot to him. He doesn't want to be any trouble, LOL. But we all want him well.

Thanks for checking in - you people are wonderful and I love you for caring about a random stranger just because I do.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All it takes is a name, and a random stranger starts to become real. I'm keeping your friend in my daily thoughts... and may there be wonderful news this time next week!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet. I'll continue keeping in him in my thoughts and prayers.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about Brian
Life IS too short - I pray that he cam make it through his surgery and return to his family and friends - no matter how short a time it might be he gets to be with them, because it will be the most precious thing he can have with them. Time.

Wishing him the very best of love and luck and praying for him and his family