Re-Homing Most Of My Babies

Status
Not open for further replies.

puppiluv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not to be offensive here, but what is so great and understanding about this girl dumping her pets? First of all, I assume you still live with your parents, because you are still a little girl. Why can't your parent's contine to care for the cats as they always have? Second of all, what are you doing having a baby out of wedlock? I'm sure your family is thrilled....please! I guess if you weren't smart enough to practice safely......you are not smart enough to realize that having cats and a baby in the house is not going to be a problem. This is classic of people. Out with the old and in with the new!!

tcs - forums administration

Purraise
On behalf of TCS, this is a quick reminder that we expect our members to be courteous to each other and respectful of each other, even when disagreeing with each other. Any messages or images that are hateful or threatening in nature will be edited or deleted. In the Rules and Regulations of this forum it clearly states that flaming in any way will not be permitted. To view the complete Rules and Regulations that you agreed to when you registered, click on the red “Rules†button at the top of this page. Please keep this to a friendly discussion or this thread will be locked or deleted without any further warnings. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tasha, I'd love to add my congrats also. What a surprise!!!! There is a balances to be struck between pets and babies, and unless you live in a HUGE house and have LOADS of people to help out, it can all get a bit much.

You've been a great kitty mummy - the love you have for your cats has been very evident, I'm sure you'll shower your little one with the same kind of love.

I hope you don't miss your furbabies too much, and if they are close by you'll still be able to see them. I'm also sure you'll make sure they'll all go to great homes.

Good luck girl, and enjoy the ride, I'll be a month ahead of you!!!!!!!

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by puppiluv
Not to be offensive here, but what is so great and understanding about this girl dumping her pets? First of all, I assume you still live with your parents, because you are still a little girl. Why can't your parent's contine to care for the cats as they always have? Second of all, what are you doing having a baby out of wedlock? I'm sure your family is thrilled....please! I guess if you weren't smart enough to practice safely......you are not smart enough to realize that having cats and a baby in the house is not going to be a problem. This is classic of people. Out with the old and in with the new!!
wow that is really rude. She is an really good kitty mommy and she is doign what she thinks is best for her pets. Please don't come here just to bash her! I'm guessing someone gave you this link becuse it is really odd that you would pick this to be your first post :yuck:

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please try not to pick on someone's life choices. My mom was married and pregnant by age 18 and now 35 years later is still happily married to my dad. Marriage now is a choice not an obligation. More and more people are choosing to have children on their own and they have every right to do so.

She is a great cat mom, and is doing what she thinks is best for her fur family. With that type of caring she will also do well by her new little one!

puppiluv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your support. I'm glad I'm not the only one with some morals!

puppiluv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You said a very important word when talking about your mother's situation......MARRIED!

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to disagree with that last comment (and the rather poisonous comment earlier in the thread). There are a multitude of support services in place for a single parent (NOT just a mother) to provide a full, loving and educationally supportive environment for a child - and NOT just social services and welfare. In addition, Tasha obviously has the support of her parents and siblings in this so I think the baby will be brought up in a happy and protected environment.

Please bear in mind that a marriage of 2 people forced together for the sake of a child can be very, very damaging for all concerned, and sometime single parenthood is actually a benefit.

I don't think anyone is tiptoing around the issue - it's Tasha's business, and if she chooses to divulge personal information about her relationship - that is entirely up to her. I don't think we need to make any judgements. If you don't have anything positive and supportive to say, I would suggest it might be more polite to reserve opinions or express them to Tasha in private rather than letting this thread degenerate into a bashing session.

puppiluv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't think people HAVE to get married when a woman is pregnant....I think you should be married before you get pregnant! I am entitled to an opinion just like everyone else here. I just happen to believe this, which is pretty amazing considering my age.(24) The morals in this country have gone way down, and I can't believe people are now turning on me just because I say this! Actually, I can believe it. But my main focus is not the unwed mother....That is something that cannot change now. What I think can be done is to show this girl that the cats do not have to go. She chose to have them in her home...to not spay or neuter them and allow them to breed. She should take care of her responsibility, just like I'm sure she will with the baby. Being an animal lover, I can't understand how putting the animals in someone else's care when she made the chioce to not s/n is a responsible decision.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I too cannot get myself around the fact that young girls get pregnant and don't get married. But then, my parents were married and still are, yet they should of never had children and they did. So where do you draw the line? In this small town I live in the graduating senior class only has one girl that is NOT pregnant. It is a fact of life now and perhaps over time it will change and marriage will once again be something special and honored, and not treated like it is today, a disposable commodity just like a feral cat for example. If it doesn't work, then we will just get a divorce/get rid of it.

I think of all the married women that I know that are saddled with babies and a spouse that they wish they didn't have, and are clearly unhappy. I have more single parent friends that are happier and are raising kids on their own then I do married ones. Not saying it is right or wrong, just that it seems to be the way of things these days is all.

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by hissy
In this small town I live in the graduating senior class only has one girl that is NOT pregnant.

that makes me sooooooo sad.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Want to hear something even sadder? A gal I know has an 18 year old daughter who cannot find work- 144,000 out of work in this state-so she went to the local college to find out about classes and improving her situation. She was told in the interview that she did not qualify for any type of financial support. The interviewer let it slip that one way she could qualify would be to have a baby! Well guess what? She now has a baby, and a full program at school paid for by the tax payers, she is unmarried, with a child and so NOW she gets financial aid- how ass-backward is that?

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
sometimes I wonder how I ever got my life together with all the things stacked against the average young adult starting out who doesn't qualify for any state assistance and who doesn't have children.

puppiluv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That burns me up!!! And we are supposed to have happy baby showers for every 12-19 yr old who get pregnant. I would be devestated if I had a daughter who was pregnant at that age! I would not say....oh, it's ok! Here, give me the baby so you can live life! I also would never say...why don't we get rid of the cats,you have too much to worry about already.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazy-cat-lover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not getting RID of my kitties! I am giving them a better life. If they continued to live here, I would'nt be able to care for them as much as I used to. I am their cat mommy. I feed them, change the litter, play with them, sleep with them and most of all I love them. For the people that understand, thank you. For those of you that don't, get a life!

About the father, I would never consider a person that took advantage of me to be a father. One day I will be happily married to someone that loves me for me, not my body. I would never marry someone because of a baby, I would marry them out of love. I don't go sleeping around with everyone in town, it was a one time mistake that I can't take back. I was used, then thrown away. He does'nt care what happens to me.

My parents love our cats, my mom especially. They're doing only what's best for the cats and the baby. I love my cats so much, it breaks my heart that they have to leave. They are going to VERY good homes. My friend is very supportive, and wants the best for me and my cats. My house isn't huge. It's 1990 sq. ft. upstairs, and the basement is smaller.

I am 18 and very mature. I am going to study for my GED this year, and taking the test next April. Once I pass, I am going to become a Veterinary Assistant. I am going to do it part time. My Auntie and Uncle are going to babysit for me, they are very supportive.

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been trying..well was trying to get pregant for a year. I'm only 24 and have had no luck with it! It does kinda get to me that 12-19 year old just get pregant with out a thought. I have always found this to be a supportive board and regardless of what my personal views are I feel i should be supportive. She just found out she is pregant, AND on top of that she had to find homes for alot of her cats! She doesn't need to worry about people judging her. And it is not like i'm her "friend" me and her have actually had a few online fights in the past
If I were to get pregant now that we have stopped trying I would be scared because with 13 cats it would be very hard...but i would try to manage.

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to add that I know a 18 year old that is MARRIED has one baby and another on the way and on of the best moms I have ever seen. Age doesn't make you a good me, and neither does being married. One of my cousins got pregant at 15, she is no in college to be a doc and takes care of the kid on her own. This kid is one of the most well mannered children i have ever seen. It depends on the person.

rock&fluff'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to say first of all to you puppiluv, you are very new to this board...How can you come in here and judge someone that you don't even know anything about? You are just going by one single post that she made...I know that Tasha loves her babies dearly, and she is doing what she is doing for good reasoning....Please get to know us here before lashing out at someone that you don't agree with ..
I love ya Tasha, and you are going to be a great mom! Don't let them get to you ok? ((hugs))

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm thinking pupiluv is either someone on the board that doesn't want to use there real name or someone that was given a link to the board. Either way I would really love to know because it is very odd that someone would only post in this thread.

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I certainly try not to be judgemental of anyone. Everyone makes mistakes, and finds themselves in situations where they perhaps should not be, but yet its too late to rectify it.

Tasha, I wish you the best with your new baby, and I hope that your kitties are all going to be happy in their new homes. I would be lying if I said I wasn't concerned that someone your age is going to be a mom. BUT, I'm sure if you say that your family is supportive, then they are.

I myself was a young mom. I was already married though, when I had my son at 21. It was tough, but my situation was different. We had been married over a year, and already had a house set up. So I didn't have the stress of finances to worry about. I'm sure you will get yourself into school, and you will be able to provide for your child as well as you possibly can.

Please don't let what others think of you burden you. Everybody is raised with different morals and values. Some of our members here may find it quite offensive for a young woman such as yourself out of wedlock having a child. Others may think its fine. But its nobodys business, you need to make the choices in your life that are right for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.