Re-Homing Most Of My Babies

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy-cat-lover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to re-home most of my kitties! I just found out that I am 5 1/2 months pregnant. Having 10 cats, and a new baby isn't good! I am so devastated, I feel like it is all my fault that they have to go! Here's who I need to re-home, and who I'm keeping.

Twinkles - She has been with my family for 10 years. She is going to stay with us.

Peppurr - He has been with us for 2 years, he is also staying.

Majesty - She has lived here as an outdoor cat for a year. She is staying.

Zues - He has been here for 8 weeks, I am going to keep him because he is Rascal and Mimi's baby. That way, I'll have a part of both of them when they leave.

Chaos - He has been here for 8 weeks and is also staying.

Mimi - She has been with us for 1 1/2 years. She does'nt like living with 9 other cats, so we're going to find her a really good home.

Hercules - He has been with us for 10 months. He is going to live with a close friend.

Vader - He might stay. He has lived here for 1 1/2 years, and he is my brothers cat.

Rascal - He will be going to an adoption center soon.

Isis - She is 8 weeks old and is going to a new home next Monday.

Felix, Xena, Mischief and Hercules are ALL going to live with a friend of mine! I am so happy that most of my cats will live so close to me. I am going to miss my babies so much, but I have a much bigger responsibility on the way. Please don't be mad at me. I love my cats with ALL my heart. This is going to be so hard.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww Tasha CONGRATS! on being preggo ! , I'm not mad your getting rid of your kitties!, I feel really sorry for you but i'm sure it's the right choice
, I hope they all find good homes!

.. Love Sam

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Tasha, good news and bad news all at once! I am so glad you are able to keep some of your babies and most of the others will be nearby. I think I can safely speak for everyone here when I say that there's no way we'd be mad at you! We know how much you love your babies and I think you've done exactly the right thing.

How are you feeling? Did you have any symtoms that you were pregnant? Have you been TTC?

rock&fluff'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't beat yourself up on having to do this...Your kitties will still be close to you, but having a human baby of your own is even more enjoyable! Congrats to you and your new addition!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazy-cat-lover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I missed my cycles, but other than that, I had NO symptoms. I am only 18 and I have'nt been TTC. I went to the doctor thinking I had a cyst, but to my surprise, there was a babies heartbeat. It was exciting and scary at the same time. My family is very supportive. I had the option of giving the baby up for adoption or keeping it, I decided to keep it.

My waist was 23" before, now it's only 26"! My belly does'nt show! My mom did'nt show during her pregnancies either. I am feeling great now that everyone in my family knows. My mom and dad are excited, so am I! It is due on September 25th, the day after my moms birthday. I am going in for my US today, so I am going to find out the babies gender.

I have a name picked out if it's a girl. I am going to name her Cassidy Iris. I need help on boys names! If you have any suggestions PLEASE post them! I want a unique name. His middle name will be Scott, the same as my dads and little brothers!

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that is kinda cool that you don't have to wait long to meet the baby! I can't wait to see pics. Good luck with your ultra sound!

crazy-cat-lover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am leaving for my Ultra Sound! I hope the baby is alright, I was doing lot's of heavy lifting and working out. I'll let you guys know when I get home!

crazy-cat-lover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The baby was so shy they could'nt tell the gender. It was curled up into a little ball!

rock&fluff'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man! well, it will be very exciting at the end when you see her/him for the first time...My middle daughter Amber was shy and we didn't know what she was until she came out..I was so certain she was a boy and my doctor's first words were when she first came out was "Your son is now a girl!" It was funny!! I am very happy for you!!!

auroraviva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on being pregnant! I'm sorry you have to give up your kitties, but a baby really is a lot of work, and your kitties will probably get more attention this way, since you'll be so busy once the baby is born!

All I can say is lucky you that you didn't even know you were pregnant yet! My mom had awful pregnancies, and I'm afraid I will, too, when I get pregnant.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tasha, it's sad some of your cats have to be rehomed, but I think you are making the right decision. Since the rehomed cats will be living nearby, maybe you will still be able to see them occasionally.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!!

I think some women have a uterus that is positioned farther back (or something) and so they really don't show much when they are pregnant. You can ask your doctor about this.

Picking a boy's name: When my brother was born he was given the first name of each of his grandfathers since the names fit together well. Or maybe there is a male relative or ancestor in your family whose name you like.

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Crazy-Cat-Lover
I need help on boys names! If you have any suggestions PLEASE post them! I want a unique name. His middle name will be Scott, the same as my dads and little brothers!
[/font]
I'm the same way...lots of girl names that I love, but not many boy names. Here are a few that I love (even though they aren't all unique or exotic):
Logan
Elijah (my fave!)
Cameron
Riley
Noah
Blake
Jayden (love this one too since it can be used for either sex)

crazy-cat-lover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great names! Thanks for understanding! It makes me so much happier to have all these great friends!

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to congratulate you on your pregnancy Tasha.
I hope the rest of your term goes as easily as the first half!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I ever have a boy I will probably name him Andrew Kenneth (hubby and dad's middle names).

I also like Gabriel
Aaron
Adam
Geraint
Philip

Hubby likes Angus.

Status
Not open for further replies.