Rats!! I just got a speeding ticket...Darn!!!!

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carwashcats

I appreciate your opinion, I felt the same way, guilty, that is why I don't think I can fight it, It was the police chief, and a lady cop riding with him in his truck. she got out and wrote the ticket. So right there is 2 against one, besides the radar, and you are soooo right about the cop being there on the court date. What seems to bother me is that they probably just put a speed limit sign up, and hot dog lets go in the chiefs truck, undercover! and sit on the side of the rode like they are just waiting for you to pass, so they can turn around and go the other way! Like "ha ha' I know the law and you don't!
and I'm a cop and can do anything undermined that I want!" That is what I can't stand! Just like in 02' my then new mustang was stolen, make a long story short, they had a lead on him in another town, he decided to get out and ride around in it and it was on. the cops started chasing him, he exceeded speeds over 110mph in a neighborhood. Well you can guess what happened next , he hit a fire hydrate, then a gas meter which flew into a lady's kitchen, then he started flipping 3 times mid air, landed on the top, upside down, about 2 in. from landing in that same lady's house! Then the crack-head got out and tried to run, of course!
The more I think about it the mad I get at the stupid police, they should of never chased him to begin with. They knew where he was staying they should of let him go and done something different! To me they were the reason he wrecked it.
I asked them.
is this going to be on cops?" Heck no! because the po-dunk cops didn't have
camcorders in their cars, couldn't afford them! Any chase 110 and over is on cops! and it never ends well! They keep chasing the idiot, even after wrecking into innocense people.They are saying the whole time, how dangerous the person is that they are chasing, hell they are just as dangerous by encouraging it!
Sorry I just kinda went off there for a moment!!
So, are you saying this is all the cops' fault?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
lakeriedog;1957256 said:
So, are you saying this is all the cops' fault?[/QUO
I'm sorry, "this" meaning the chase when my car was stolen? Yes pretty much!
And I guess I think cops in general shouldn't persue a chase! Let them go, just be waiting for them whenever they come home later! I think a chase is dangerous for us caught in the crossfire. As far as my car, I didn't want it back anyway,I actually felt like I had been raped! Then I got so mad "who did he think he was taking my property!" I also knew I wouldn't get it back in one piece. Yea they caught the guy, but he went to jail that night, on other charges, he hasn't even been charged for stealing my car.They told me whenever he gets out of jail in Lousiana, then he will come directly to Texas, and be charged for stealing my car. I asked them "isn't it 'grand theft auto' when you take a stolen vehicle across statelines?" They told me that they don't have that law anymore!
Why do you ask me that?
If I thought it was the cops fault?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nightcats

I agree with golden kitty,There is no sense or reason for breaking the speed limit.The law is there not just to TRY to protect the driver but to TRY to protectinnocent pedestrians from serious injury from selfish negligent drivers who think the speed limit is there just to be broken!!.I used to work with a bloke who worked as a paramedic and the sights he saw while doinghis job led to him having a mental breakdown,If people just realised when an accidenthappens,It does not just affect you,It seriously affects the people who have to SEE the mangled wreck of what once was a human/animal and I only imagine the sights he saw,sometoo terrible and too graphic in the mangled mess of making sense of stupidity!! So what?? you are late for something!!Better late than never arrive at all!!.Also on this subject of this thread,I do not think it is appropriate on a family (pg)rated site for people to openly and blatantly support somebodys criminal activity and confess their own criminal activities in obvious support that the OP "did nothing wrong".What signal does that send to younger people??Some "members" of the Catsite are treading a very thin line regarding the law and shouldbe very very careful what they discuss in a "public" forum
I really shouldn't respond to this but I can't help it! What crimmial activity?I'm not negligent, and I don't just speed to break the law! I'm sorry about your friend and his breakdown, some people aren't cut out for that kind of work! I know I am one of them! I know that already so therefore wouldn't even attempt a career in it! I wasn't late for anything when I got the ticket, I wasn't used to a speed limit on that rode. I haven't been down it in a yr or so
and that is how long that they finally put one up! So you can honestly say you have always driven the speed limit everywhere you drive?Everytime you get in the car, of everyday of your life? And what do you mean "treading a very thin line regarding the law and should be very very careful what they discuss in a public forum?" It is a forum and that is what it is all about, I personally wasn't looking for anyone to support me, or had no control over the responses (obviously) just another discussion! I admitted to my guilt, and will pay a fine, take defensive driving! What happen to 'Freedom of Speech"
I see nothing wrong with this thread, so sorry you have. I have read many topics on TCS if I don't agree with something I simply move on to something else! I don't have to agree with everyone, I do know that everyone has a right to 'Freedom of Speech'. Why can't I discuss the law, If I don't know them I need to be informed, If I think they are wrong, maybe someone else, can help me understand them! That is my opinion. I am entitled to it! Now back to treading a very thin line, should be very very careful, tell me is there a law against a forum? Will we be prosecuted for our freedom of speech, I didn't realize I was a crimmial? That is your opinion and this was mine!

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
carwashcats;1957982 said:
Originally Posted by lakeriedog

So, are you saying this is all the cops' fault?[/QUO

Why do you ask me that?
If I thought it was the cops fault?
I was just curious to know whether or not you really were blaming the cops for what happened in the incident you described.

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lemur 6

Radars are legal where I live. Valentine 1, best radar in the world. Though the planes will still get you, so don't speed during mid-day hours when they're out and about.
Or in the middle of the night when they are radaring all the erm "street racers"

They patrol the bridges where I come from. People race on them in the middle of the night. The helicopter thinks they are slick too, like no one can hear the big fat blades cutting the air. . .

So dont do it at night either if you are In the St. Pete Tampa area!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seriously guys- i am tired of threads essentially bashing law enforcement officers for just doing their jobs and trying to keep the streets safe
If everyone would just drive responsibly and observe the laws then they wouldn't have to worry about getting tickets. Cops keep our streets safe and help to keep bad drivers off the road- ya'll should be greatful that they are out there trying to do their job and keep the streets safe.

Originally Posted by sharky

GO TO COURT ... if the cop doesnt show youll likely get off
Jen, you know i love ya hon- but that is just not good advice....aside from that....every cop has assigned dates several times a month (usually one or two days a month) where they have to go to their court dates. If they don't go they can get seriously reprimanded. My fiance has yet to miss a court date...same for everyone else at his dpt. They all show up because it's their job to...so nobody should ever count on the cop not showing when they are required to. That and you can't go by them not showing alone- sometimes they will have the report given or video tape given to the judge ahead of time in their absence, so even if they are unable to make it (Sick/etc) for whatever reason- the evidence can still hold.

Originally Posted by capt_jordi

Or change your court date and you have a better chance of the cop not showing up and you will get off!
Once again not true- as at least in our city, they will asign your court date to the cop who wrote the ticket's next pre assigned court date

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

ya'll should be greatful that they are out there trying to do their job and keep the streets safe.
Perfectly true, if they are doing their job. I apologize but I do not agree. at least around here. Perhaps it is because they have let my law abiding, rule following friends die on the street, or maybe it is because I have been profiled on numerous occasions for driving "that kind of car", that I unfortunatley have yet to see them doing their job, which is to protect and serve. I dont mean to start any controversy, and perhaps it is different in your area, but when you have to watch your friend die on the cold pavement because the cop who got there first told the ambulance it was not an emergency, and to get there when they could, it changes your opinion. . . I have yet to see an officer in my area with the exception of one, do anything good for anyone. Like I said I apologize that I feel so strongly, and I do not mean to offend anyone, but I have lost good friends due to their neglegence... I hope things truly are different in other parts of the world, because here they are selfish, rude, and lazy.

Had to get that out, hope I have not made any enemies. . .

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
p.s. to make streets safer they need to do more testing when people get their liscences and make it harder to get them back when they loose them. . . I am tired of being told that I am a liability because I drive fast on roads with no cars and I know what I am doing... Maybe that is why I have never gotten a speeding ticket. Because I do it where it does not matter, and also on the track. . .