Ragdoll (bad genes)?

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I wouldnt return it but then again I have a tolerance for animal behavior..

last year I got Zoey she was supposed to be 2-3 yrs old... she was 8 months ... Kandie was 16.5 when an 8 month old Zoey came to live with us ... it took six months for the girls to share the same room... Hissy s advise to put vanilla under there noses did it for us .. they are peaceful though due to age difference they arent playmates ... Good luck ..
How curious! I've been meaning to ask this. But does anyone notice that feliway smells like vanilla?? Maybe its just me but when you said this I thought maybe I wasn't dreaming...

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SolarityBengals

How curious! I've been meaning to ask this. But does anyone notice that feliway smells like vanilla?? Maybe its just me but when you said this I thought maybe I wasn't dreaming...
I think bleach smells like cat spray and so do my cats because they love to roll on my newly bleached surfaces-lol

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StraightCatMan

The ragdoll still wants to attack the siamese. He is is chasing her everywhere and tries to claw her but my siamese jumps out of the way. Today the ragdoll tried to scratch and bite me. I don't think this ragdoll wants to share an owner with another cat. I was told that this ragdoll was raised with other cats by a breeder until he turned four months and was taken in by woman from whom I received the cat. He's great around me when my siamese is sleeping under the covers and is out of sight. I think he would do well in a no other pet environment. He's too alpha.
My cats go through this routine when they are first introduced to strange cats too. It takes quite awhile for them to work out thier differences. i got a young stud 6 months ago and it took months for him to finally calm down and stop attacking every other cat. He finally gets along with everyone. They will work it out. Everyone learns thier place in the group.
I bet this would happen with ANY new cat you introduce into the house.

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StraightCatMan

The ragdoll still wants to attack the siamese. He is is chasing her everywhere and tries to claw her but my siamese jumps out of the way. Today the ragdoll tried to scratch and bite me. I don't think this ragdoll wants to share an owner with another cat. I was told that this ragdoll was raised with other cats by a breeder until he turned four months and was taken in by woman from whom I received the cat. He's great around me when my siamese is sleeping under the covers and is out of sight. I think he would do well in a no other pet environment. He's too alpha.
My cats go through this routine when they are first introduced to strange cats too. It takes quite awhile for them to work out thier differences. i got a young stud 6 months ago and it took months for him to finally calm down and stop attacking every other cat. He finally gets along with everyone. They will work it out. Everyone learns thier place in the group.
I bet this would happen with ANY new cat you introduce into the house.