radio question of the day: 12/06/06

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Ditto wht Nikki says!!

You ask a landscaper what plants she has!!!
2 Bougainvilla's (one is blooming!!)
4 Clivias
1 pointsettia
1 rosemary "christmas tree"
1 lemon scented geraniums
a hugh spider plant
1 big agave ( and about 6 in the basement uner grow lites)
2 aeneums (spelling is wrong)
1 regular geranium ( about 8 more in basement)
2 containers of mixed succulents & 1 small cactus
1 jade plant
1 kalenchole (spelled wrong again)
1 wire vine
1 begonia
1 society garlic pot

that's not counting what I am wintering over in grow lites in the basement!!
You and I would have a hayday at a market or a greenhouse together

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I currently have a lovely silk ivy and a rather realistic silk orchid.

I tried to have real plants there for a while but I killed an ivy, an orchid, and a jade plant. I don't know how.

The plant here on my desk at work is still alive somehow. I think the housekeeper that comes at nigth takes care of it. Don't know what it is, but its a succulent of some sort that once had a pink bloom...?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have one. My mother gave it to me. It's in a special pot so I only have go water it once a month....if I even do that. I DO NOT like plants. I will not touch them! They give me nightmares! My mother knows this too. I have no idea why she got me it! It doesn't even flower!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any live plants because they die as soon as I bring them in the apartment. Although I'm much better with an outside garden, house plants and I don't mix.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm down to only three that I've been able to keep alive in our new house. My favorite is my Christmas cactus. It's the same type of Christmas cactus that my grandmother had in her house (except hers was HUGE). The odd thing is that it tends to bloom out of season when big events are happening in my life...it bloomed in May when I got engaged and two years later in May when I got married, it bloomed for the birth of each of my nieces and my nephew, and it's bloomed at other significant times. We always say that it's a sign that Grandma is watching, and she's happy for us.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do all right with plants when I don't forget them
Fortunately, Rob has a green thumb and doesn't forget them, so I don't need to feel guilty. There are actually more plants than we have room for: spider plants, prayer plants, jade -- anyone want a gazillion jade plants (slight exaggeration) -- pothos, dragon tree, assorted others whose names I don't know.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No plants here, Trout ate a flower and almost died once, so I don't have any plants as she will just eat them..

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ive got 4 plants. A Rubber Plant, A Ficus, a Mother In Laws Tongue and a Peace Lily. I guess my favorite is the Peace Lily.