R.I.P Ares

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

he would have been a year on the 24th of this month

hes playing with everyone now..its been a tough year.
Poor little furbaby, to die so young. At least he was well-loved, and taken care of. I'm so sorry about your loss. RIP, little Ares.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone again for the kind words and thoughts. I eventually got to sleep, and i did have dreams of Ares. At one point..i swore I felt a little paw patting my face like he did. I opened my eyes, and none of the other cats were even in the bed. I can only think it was him..letting me know it was ok.

I know we did the right thing for him..but it is so hard...on those of us who have to wait to see him again

princeegrl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss of dear Ares. From reading what you wrote I know that there will always be a place in your heart for him.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by princeegrl

I am very sorry for your loss of dear Ares. From reading what you wrote I know that there will always be a place in your heart for him.
thank you. Yes. He will never be far from my heart. ever.

passiquepersian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh Katie,

Reading this post made me cry all over again. I was so shocked about your call last night, I couldn't believe he was gone. I miss him so much, eventhough he was only with me for the first 3 months and then got spoiled rotten by you and Steve.

Ares We Miss You!!! All your antics and your purrs. He is with his half sister Caddy now, she passed aways last May because her owners never got her flea treatment.....made me so MAD!!!

You were the best Mommy ever! When Shashawna is bred again, the kittens will be full brothers/sisters to Ares!

Ares will live in your heart forever and I am sure you will feel pats on your face every morning saying, "Time to get up!"

I am so sorry about Ares, I am still in shock myself!

Love ya and lots of Prayers!!!
Pat and Megan

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PassiquePersian

Oh Katie,

Reading this post made me cry all over again. I was so shocked about your call last night, I couldn't believe he was gone. I miss him so much, eventhough he was only with me for the first 3 months and then got spoiled rotten by you and Steve.

Ares We Miss You!!! All your antics and your purrs. He is with his half sister Caddy now, she passed aways last May because her owners never got her flea treatment.....made me so MAD!!!

You were the best Mommy ever! When Shashawna is bred again, the kittens will be full brothers/sisters to Ares!

Ares will live in your heart forever and I am sure you will feel pats on your face every morning saying, "Time to get up!"

I am so sorry about Ares, I am still in shock myself!

Love ya and lots of Prayers!!!
Pat and Megan
Thank you pat. I am still in shock myself. But slowly but surely we are getting by. He will always be in our hearts. And I will always feel those little pats, and I will always walk like I have a little kitty between my feet.

And most of all. The crisper, will always be left out. Incase he would like to use it while he visits

That makes me mad too...all because a flea treatment GRRRR..

we are sending lots of Vibes to Shashawna, we are sending her blue and white male vibes! We would be blessed to have A little brother of Ares in the house. COME ON Shashawna!

btw can you drop me an email? Need your addy again, i have the paperwork and reports from the vet.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Katie, I was almost afraid to look in this thread because I was hoping against hope that it wasn't your Ares.

I am so terribly sorry for your loss. I'm just in tears, poor sweet boy. You absolutely did the right thing and can be sure he didn't suffer needlessly.

What a lovely gesture from the hospital - that in itself made me cry all over again. Ares was a fortunate boy that he had so many people who loved him.

Rest In Peace darling Ares. Look after your Mummy from your special place over the Rainbow Bridge.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

Katie, I was almost afraid to look in this thread because I was hoping against hope that it wasn't your Ares.

I am so terribly sorry for your loss. I'm just in tears, poor sweet boy. You absolutely did the right thing and can be sure he didn't suffer needlessly.

What a lovely gesture from the hospital - that in itself made me cry all over again. Ares was a fortunate boy that he had so many people who loved him.

Rest In Peace darling Ares. Look after your Mummy from your special place over the Rainbow Bridge.
*hugs* I didnt mean to make so many people cry. But he touched so many..even at work..everyone thought he was so special and all they did was hear stories about him. I had not yet brought him in to meet everyone.

The hospital staff had never met him before either, until that day
but they to loved him. Before they took him to the back..for treatment when we got there he put his paw to my nose. I know now that was his way of saying goobye mummy. and i will be waiting.
such a sweet precious.

I know we did the right thing. Its just so hard on those of us left behind. Steve asked me, "why do we do this? why do we attach ourselves, and why do we keep opening our hearts to another..when we know someday..what will happen"

I told him because without them, without their presence we wouldnt have those tiny joyus moments that will carry us through without them. and we wouldnt be who we are today. I will forever have my moments with Ares to cherish. when we would sit in bed together watching late night tv eating a popcicle, when he stole my crisper so now i only have one in the fridge. he greeted me every morning, and followed me when I was home. No one can take those from me.

Here i got writting a novel again.....

sorry.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't ever apologise for sharing your memories of Ares with us! We want to hear them - and share them with you, too

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Steve asked me, "why do we do this? why do we attach ourselves, and why do we keep opening our hearts to another..when we know someday..what will happen"
My mum would say something similar, along with " No more because it's like losing a human"

But you could guarantee there would be another ball of fluff coming into our home

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really sorry you lost your Ares. It takes a strong loving person to make such a hard decision. What great owners he had
RIP Ares - see you at RB

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I'm so sorry to hear about Ares. I don't get a lot of time at TCS anymore but I had to pop in and pass on my condolances.
Thanks Sam. Its been a tough one.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

My mum would say something similar, along with " No more because it's like losing a human"

But you could guarantee there would be another ball of fluff coming into our home
Yes..we will have another fluff coming into our home as well.

If Shawshawna does her job. A little Ares brother.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittergirl

Oh Katie I am So sorry to hear about Ares!

RIP little man!
\\

Thanks. I had to come hoem from work today...walked in, went to take care of the kitties, and had a break down. *le sigh*

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chichismom

I'm really sorry you lost your Ares. It takes a strong loving person to make such a hard decision. What great owners he had
RIP Ares - see you at RB
Thank you. I agree its always hardest on us to do the right thing. But i could never watch my little man suffer. never ever.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

Thank you..if anyone wants to visit i put up a memorial page for him on my site.

www.scamperfarms.com/ares.html
i couldn't get the link to work, but got to Ares's page from the home page. lovely! i really enjoyed seeing all of the pictures of him - he was beautiful!