Quiz: Do you speak Yankee or Dixie English

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Well what else would I be I'm from WI sconnnnnnnnnnn sin!!!
from Wisc? I will tell you once there hey, if you are from Wiscaaaaaaaaan sin. Hens have 2 laags and lay aags. My current BF laughs at my aaaaacent.

janemary

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
45% (Yankee). Barely into the Yankee category.

Weird, People tell me I have an islanders accent..

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
45% Yankee. I'm surprised it wasn't higher. I did click on a lot that said " primarily northeast or Massachusetts".

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

Did you have any Confederate ancestors?
Sorry
I guess I didn't check back when I should have done. I haven't checked but I probably don't. My family are fairly new to the area and my family's roots lie elsewhere in the country. But....my husband can trace his family back 500 years in the area and some of them are traceable to the area where the Dixie family lives - so it's quite probable. Small area...small gene pool

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
58% (Dixie). Barely into the Dixie category. Steve would be proud..considering i am from Minnesota lol

cyberkitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am from the Canadian Maritimes but scored close to Dixie, weird - too many trips to Florida maybe, lol

Seriously, there is a kewl site aout how the word to describe a soft drink is used across the US and Canada. Coke in Georgia which surprised me, pop in northern states and most provinces and soda is many states. I can't recall the url but it can be found in a search engine. Type "map" "soda" "pop"