Questionable Food Combinations...come on, fess up!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marishka

My grandma used to make a casserole, and all I can really remember about it was that she put macaroni noodles with tomato and hamburger. She said she used to make it because she could make it for a bunch of kids, cheaply. But they all act like it was a common food that everyone eats; anyone else ever had it?
My mom always called it "goulash". LOL

I think I'm a Klingon too. Thanksgiving really stinks. Because I have to make so many trips because my food can't touch.

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

Pretzels dipped in french dressing (he won't try this one
)
I like pretzels-pref really big crunchy sourdough ones-dipped in blue cheese dressing!

Don't do it very often cause MAN is blue cheese dressing caloric!! But it really hits that "salty" spot.

minerva

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow, we have some strange combos here!

As a kid I would drink whole bottles of Maggi's (tastes kinda like oyster sauce) and in my teens the sheer smell of that would almost make me sick:-O
I also remember how I found it really disgusting when my dad would put the "skin" of cream (the stuff that comes up if you let milk stand for a while, not just plain cream, but it had a skin like pudding or so...eeek!) on his jam sandwiches

I also thought it was really weird when my lil brother had grapefruit and hot chocolate together - he couldn't keep it down, though and spent most of that night praying to the porcelain god

These days I can't think of weird combinations that I like, just a few that I don't like, like mayo on fries - it's ketchup for me or nothing! - , Marmite
or those strange dumplings that my mum loves: basically plain meatballs made of i think veal, but boiled instead of being baked, add capers and a icky gravy and to crown it all she likes buckwheat dumplings with those....aaargh:-O

My fiancÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] has some strange ideas, too - unless we have some sort of spaghetti sauce, he loves his pasta with nothing but butter and ketchup on them! Or he'll eat his own personal version of sausage salad (with pickles, eggs and bell pepper
) and immediately after, with the meaty/salty taste still in his mouth, he'll munch down on a few bars of chocolate...help!:-O

4badcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmm - some proper wierd food here!!!

My main favourite odd combo is my number one coomfort food - crunchy peanut butter sandwiches on very soft squishy white bread, with salt n vinegar chips squashed between.
Absolute heaven!!!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE fries with ice cream/shake!! Yummy!! I also always put ketchup and mayo in my ghoulash.
Is that weird though?? LOL.....