Questionable Food Combinations...come on, fess up!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my favorite meals is a grilled cheese sandwich with baked beans, potato chips, and dill pickles. And I use the chips in place of a fork for the beans.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

Fries dipped in milkshakes/ice cream, although thats not ~that~ weird. My brother likes mayo on his french fries. Yuck!
In Quebec (Canada, french province) mayo is often served with fries. In france, dijon mustard is popular with frites. I liked both when I tried them.

I like chips on sandwiches (Pringles are best). It gives a bit of crunch. I don't think I'd put them on ice cream, however! I don't understand the sweet/salty combo. But to each his own

I also like milk in Peppermint tea. Comforting! Many of my friends think this is bizarre.

When I worked in Africa, they used to serve Mayo sandwiches. No veges or meat, just mayo. They weren't exactly gross, just way too plain.

marishka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal

In Quebec (Canada, french province) mayo is often served with fries. In france, dijon mustard is popular with frites. I liked both when I tried them.
I like barbeque sauce mixed with mayonaise and then dip my fries in it. But I like barbeque and mayo mixed together with almost anything

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marishka

I like barbeque sauce mixed with mayonaise and then dip my fries in it. But I like barbeque and mayo mixed together with almost anything
Hmmm, interesting...
or
I can't decide

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Mayo and fries is not something I'd eat, but my husband was French Canadian and grew up in Maine. He talked about eating fries and mayo as a kid.

Originally Posted by LokisMum

Cold pizza for breakfast........MMMMMMMMMMMMMM Yummy!
French Canadian pea soup with a torn up cheese slice all melted up in it
Apple pie and cheddar cheese
Sounds good to me.

Originally Posted by EricaNicole

Hmm my grandparents alway make this nasty meal... they call it
Chop meat rice and tomatos. YUCK!
you cook ground beef, mix it with rice and stewed tomatos.I would boycott it as a kid. till this day i cringe when ever i come over and they eat it.
Another thing my husband ate as a kid. His mom made lots of casseroles that would feed a large family (5 children) cheaply. Actually, I like that kind of thing too, although I haven't made it in years.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I like chips on sandwiches (Pringles are best). It gives a bit of crunch. I don't think I'd put them on ice cream, however! I don't understand the sweet/salty combo. But to each his own

When I worked in Africa, they used to serve Mayo sandwiches. No veges or meat, just mayo. They weren't exactly gross, just way too plain.
I LOVE dijon or mayo with fries (guess I spent too much time in France when I was younger)

As far as chips on sandwiches, I just had one
I didn't realise that was a weird food combination, we ate them as kids (I love salt & vinegar chips on nice thick bread), but just chips, nothing else on the sandwich!

I also got addicted to mayo on bread at university, one of my housemates used to eat it all the time

Originally Posted by Marishka

I also like to mix ketchup and mayo together and dip fries in

marishka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Hmmm, interesting...
or
I can't decide
My sister started me on that particular combo...and I almost always never hear the end of it when we meet up for dinner and she catches me doing it, because I used to give her such a hard time.

Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I also like to mix ketchup and mayo together and dip fries in
Yum...if BBQ is not available, this will do in a pinch!

Originally Posted by Jean44

Another thing my husband ate as a kid. His mom made lots of casseroles that would feed a large family (5 children) cheaply. Actually, I like that kind of thing too, although I haven't made it in years.
My grandma used to make a casserole, and all I can really remember about it was that she put macaroni noodles with tomato and hamburger. She said she used to make it because she could make it for a bunch of kids, cheaply. But they all act like it was a common food that everyone eats; anyone else ever had it?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, I just remembered another one of my FAVORITE combinations:

Nacho Cheese Doritos with French Onion Dip!!! It's incredable
I'm having some now

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a few things DH thought were strange until he tried it.
French fries dipped in gravy
Pretzels dipped in french dressing (he won't try this one
)
Mashed potato with egg noodles, and beef gravy with or w/o hamberg. (he wouldn't try it til I insisted in is like beef stroganoff!
(kind of)

He likes to dip chips (esp. salt&vinagar) in ketchup

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
hrm i dont really make weird things. i made a banana/coffee/fudge/chocolate milkshake the other day....and i tend to like sandwiches that have melted cheese with vegimite or those little tuna tempters

marishka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

and i tend to like sandwiches that have melted cheese with vegimite or those little tuna tempters
lol, I'm sorry, but what is a tuna tempter? The first thing that popped into my mind was like a cat treat...I know you don't eat cat treats...lol...I swear

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

Pretzels dipped in french dressing (he won't try this one
)
Mashed potato with egg noodles, and beef gravy with or w/o hamberg. (he wouldn't try it til I insisted in is like beef stroganoff!
(kind of)
My Grandma makes this - except she makes it with chicken, instead of hamburger!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just thought of another one- I LOVE to have tons of orange juice to drink with my cheesburger maccaroni skillet dinner i make. I also like to eat pineapple, pickles, and frenchbread
I had that last night with a spinach salad!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just thought of another one- I LOVE to have tons of orange juice to drink with my cheesburger maccaroni skillet dinner i make. I also like to eat pineapple, pickles, and frenchbread I had that last night with a spinach salad!
You almost made me
LOL

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

My Grandma makes this - except she makes it with chicken, instead of hamburger!
That sounds good. Any thing will work! Most the time I just have gravy.

Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I just thought of another one- I LOVE to have tons of orange juice to drink with my cheesburger maccaroni skillet dinner i make. I also like to eat pineapple, pickles, and frenchbread
I had that last night with a spinach salad!
I knew some one that had pineaple and pickels on their pizza, I like both so I tried it and it was ok, nothing I would probley think to order but I wouldn't turn it down

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a kid, I loved to take a whole pack of sunflower seeds...shell them all...put the seeds into a glass...and fill it up with orange soda!
Then I'd drink it all down.

Seems like an awful lot of work...but it was great!

Hild >^..^<