Question of the Day, Wednesday, October 26, 2022

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good afternoon and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! 😺 I was trying to figure out how to stash some of the smaller kitchen appliances I have on my countertops. The larger ones are in cabinets but take up a lot of room so I can't hide the smaller ones. Then I counted how many total smaller appliances I have in the kitchen excluding the larger, major appliances, e.g. stove, oven, refrigerator, dishwasher. I came up with seven. They are: microwave, toaster, Nespresso machine, coffee grinder, blender, handheld mixer and crockpot.

How many small appliances do you have in your kitchen?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I have a toaster, microwave, and a food processor. The food processor is almost never used and is the reason that I worked on improving my own slicing and dicing skills. No others including a coffee maker as I make pour over coffee.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had to think for a sec, as most are tucked away in the cupboards. But I have a toaster oven on the counter, and a microwave on it's own shelf. And in the cupboards there is a toaster that I rarely use, a crockpot and a blender. And a hand mixer in a drawer. Think that's all.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a slow cooker, toaster, blender, panini maker, microwave, and a couple of mixers (handheld and stationary). I also have an air fryer but that isn't in the kitchen because it's so big and just gets stored in the dining room closet.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have ten, not counting the microwave which is built in above the stove.
Toaster oven, air fryer, crock pot, rice cooker, can opener, George Foreman grill, popcorn popper, small fruit juicer, hand mixer, and veggie chopper.
The toaster oven is the only one I keep on the kitchen counter, no cluttered counters.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Excluding stove, microwave and fridge, I have two appliances on counters - the coffee maker and toaster. Everything else only gets stored in the pantry and brought out when needed. These include food processor, vacuum sealer, waffle maker, pressure cooker, hand mixer and a couple crock pots.

Last edited:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A coffee maker, rice cooker, portable coffee maker (to take on holiday with us if they don't have a coffee machine or if we're going camping!), electric whisk, slow cooker, a toaster and a kettle.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A stand mixer, a hand mixer, one of those Bullet mini processors, a regular food processor, a coffee maker, a toaster, two slow cookers, a microwave, a blender, and one of those handheld gizmos that you can make milkshakes and the like with.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What I actually keep on the counter all the time is the coffee pot.I have such a small amount of counter space,everything else is in one cabinet or the other....microwave,spice grinder,hand mixer,food processor,blender,crock pot,stand mixer,toaster,ninja storm,and there's also a long pancake griddle ,a waffle machine and a pressure cooker.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I told Rick about this thread and he laughed at me. He laughed at me!!

Three Ninja Foodi Grills: the 5-in-1, the 6-in-1, and the 7-in-1 with the griddle (I don't use the griddle one that often)
Three Crock Pots: a large 5 quart, a smaller one (don't know the size), and an oblong casserole-type Crock Pot in red, which is really cool.)
Two Kitchen Aid stand mixers: Big Red and Baby Blue. (I had three, but gave one to my niece when hers died.)
A Kitchen Aid hand mixer
A Ninja coffee pot
A Keurig coffee pot (the second Keurig is out in the WeShed, so I didn't include it)
A Ninja blender (the thing is a beast and does everything I need it to do and then some. Right now, it's my tomato machine.)
A Kitchen Aid food processor
A Ninja Creami
A waffle iron
An electric citrus juicer
A mouli (does great work on cabbage and carrots for coleslaw. Not electric, so don't know if it counts. But I use it and it makes my kitchen life easier.)
An electric frying pan
An electric sauce pan (Sunbeam, for when I'm deep-frying donuts and such. The thing is ancient, but still works. Used to be my MIL's.)
A Cuisinart ice cream machine
An electric knife (an old Sunbeam. Does that count?)
A spiralizer (Not electric, so don't know if it counts. But I use it and it makes my kitchen life easier.)
A food saver (worth its weight in gold at this time of the year)
A Kitchen Aid attachment, food grinder
A Kitchen Aid attachment, pasta maker
Marcato Atlas pasta machine (It was my MIL's and she gave it to me. Very nice and I do use it, but not often.)
The microwave
Electric spice grinder
A two-slice toaster

I did NOT go into the basement. This stuff is actually in the kitchen and stays in the kitchen all the time. My food dehydrator is in the kitchen right now, but I didn't include it because it doesn't "live" in the kitchen full time.

I use all this stuff, maybe not every week, or even every month. But it's there when I need it. And you will pry any of it out of my cold, dead hands.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Microwave (in its own alcove above the mini fridge), electric kettle (the jug type), small toaster, a blender, and an old electric parcel scale I use to weigh the kitties and store my biscuit containers on the rest of the time. Those are all the appliances. I haven’t room for any more even if I was into cooking! The blender is only out so I can see if Daisy would eat all her wet food instead of just licking the gravy/jelly and leaving most of the meat.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Huh.
Not fair, can't count the attachments :lol: ..just kidding :heartshape:

Toaster
Microwave
Coffeemaker
Spice blender
Ninja chopper, so handy for handling cat food !
Food processor, two because one is about to stop working except it keeps going lol
Blender
An electric knife
An electric knife sharpener
An electric frying pan
A slow cooker
Stand mixer
A fondue pot
Handheld mixer
An electric tea kettle (zippy fast at heating water )
Popcorn popper
An electric burner for heating pots away from the stove

Last edited: