Question Of The Day, Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We may have discussed this in the past, but I've forgotten...and with this many questions of the day, it would be odd if we didn't repeat once in a while, so bear with me and go for it again!

Do you watch television? If so, what is your favorite show?

I have to admit that I'm just crazy about the entire NCIS franchise. It is breaking my heart that Pauley Perette is leaving. I just can't imagine the show without Abby. Now, I will say that they've done a wonderful job of replacing characters in the past, so I'm not yet giving up entirely, but Abby will be a hard act to follow! Heck, I've just gotten used to David McCallum's semi-retirement, although he's 85, and certainly deserves to slow down a bit! And they were genius to introduce Brian Dietzen early on as Jimmy Palmer, realizing that David couldn't keep up the pace forever. Jimmy is now a familiar face. SIGH...I wish Pauley well, but OH I SHALL MISS ABBY!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blacklist was one of my all time favorites, I don't watch a whole lot. I still watch the reruns of Big Bang Theory, the older ones still make me laugh. Otherwise I watch PBS specials, news channels, and old classica on ME TV like Columbo, Cannon, and the Carol Burnett Show.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
There's a reason I am Winchester.

I have been a die-hard Supernatural fan since mid-way through the first season. I've followed the Sam and Dean Winchester with the yellow-eyed demon, the crossroads demon, one vampire after another, some werewolves, the Wendigo, unleashing the Apocalypse, dealing with Lucifer, Crowley (I adored Crowley), and hanging out with Bobby and Castiel, to mention just a few. Some seasons were awesome, others not so great. But still I watch.

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Favorite show of all time is definitely X-files. I've also watched Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Defiance, The Blacklist, The Royals, True Blood, The Magicians, and The Americans.

And I have a fondness for competition shows, like Amazing Race, Chopped, Top Chef, and Project Runway.

I guess I watch a lot of TV. My excuse is that I can't sleep if I try to read before bed, so TV is it for evening winding down. I also watch shows at the gym, which doubles my TV time.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fave shows...

Bob's Burgers
Murdoch Mysteries
Miranda
History Documentaries
Mom
True Crime Shows
Paranormal/Ghost Shows
Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries

I used to adore The Big Bang Theory, but lately feeling a disconnect - they are leaning more towards relationships and babies primarily in story line. Family life in general would be fine and normal of course as they grow older but they seem to be dropping their nerdy (Cosplay, conventions, sci fi/anime/comics etc) and academia life side, which was a big part of their unique and very relatable charm. Now it is like they are no different than many other sitcoms. So haven't been watching lately, sadly.

Not to mention some contradictory parts in their script, but I digress!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Favorite of all time is probably The Sopranos followed very closely by Six Feet Under. I haven't had TV service since August 2013 so no I don't watch a lot of TV these days I guess. I have Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime streaming but don't use the Prime one much. I watch Trailer Park Boys on Netflix. I also like the Roseanne reboot. I watch that on Hulu the day after it airs live. I also watch the Golden Girls on Hulu from time to time.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We got rid of cable several years ago so anything I watch is on Netflix of Amazon Prime.

The shows we watch now are Merlin and The Flash. DS is just getting into Superheroes and The Flash is his favorite. Merlin was just a great series!

When I visited my grandmother I got to watch the DIY network (one of the few channels I've missed). Stone House Revival has me looking at every old house in the area to see if they have stone work. I always loved Bath Crashers. And the Holmes shows.

I used to watch the NCIS shows faithfully. I followed along some as I could after getting rid of cable (they aren't exactly kid friendly so that didn't help) but I gave up on even that when the Ziva/Tony story line ended.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just finished watching season 1 of "The Bletchley Circle," which is about some women who'd been employed at Bletchley Park (elite British code-breaking facility during WWII - the folks who broke Enigma) who reunite in 1952 to solve the case of a serial killer. Season 1 was all about this one case, and was very good (though only 4 episodes, and I missed the first one), and I'm pleased to discover that there's a second season, which I suspect I'll be seeing shortly. It's also 4 episodes long, dealing mostly with a single case. Regrettably, there was no third season. The Bletchley Circle (TV Series 2012–2014) - IMDb, The Bletchley Circle - Wikipedia

I've also been watching "Designated Survivor," "NCIS Los Angeles," "Bull," and "Criminal Minds." I missed a whole bunch of episodes of "Designated Survivor," which has been quite annoying. Glad to see Michael J. Fox working again. And I'm very sorry to read that "The Librarians" has been canceled; I was really enjoying it. It seemed to be reminiscent of "Area 52" and "Eureka."

Margret

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I would like to get rid of cable, but I have such a good deal on it right now. Plus I need my live local sports, so I guess it stays.

I watch Judge Judy after work, then the news comes on. And then I watch the Office on Netflix in the evenings. The Penguins are in the playoffs so I'm currently watching hockey too.

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Margret Margret , did you ever watch The Good Wife? Michael J Fox was great in that show, which I totally forgot to mention. But it got me through at least a year's worth of gym-going.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't watched near as much TV these days, between work and then going home and spending time with the animals, dinner and then sleep ... and weekends are farm projects.

No real favorite TV show. I enjoy quite a few, especially ones on Animal Planet, Nat Geo, but also quite enjoy true crime stuff on IDHD as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime streaming
I'm thinking about going to Amazon Prime piggybacked with Sling. That would cut my monthly bills by about $60, and still give me all of the networks I watch. I actually made a list of them, and there are 17! I could probably get that down to 6 that I watch multiple shows on, but I MUST have STARZ for Outlander!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot about Animal Planet. I love "The Zoo," which is on now. Those zookeepers treat their charges like we do our cats. They are so loving, and the animals respond to that. On one show, they showed a cheetah purring. And so many people say the big cats can't purr! I saw a lion once in a Disney documentary lying with his pride, relaxing in the sun, and purring for all he was worth - a deep, rumbling noise.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I love "The Zoo," which is on now.
Me, too! I've learned a LOT from that show. One of the neighbors was talking about zoos, and how horrible it was that the seals had to do tricks. I was able to tell her that all of those motions are actually taught so that the keepers can examine them, and the fact that people get to watch is just an aftereffect!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watch Once Upon a Time, American Idol, and the Voice. I've also been taping and watching Quantum Leap, which is one of my all time favorite shows. Right now I've been watching the Stanley Cup Playoffs. We watch Ancient Aliens, and DH has gotten interested in Road through Hell.