Question Of The Day, Wednesday, March 6, 2019

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure if you asked me this tomorrow my answer would change, i.e. there are so many movies that I say are may favorite. Most are oldies they show on TCM. Off the top of my head, I'd say Arsenic & Old Lace, Casablanca, Mr. Deeds Goes to Town, Vertigo and The Ghost & Mrs. Muir. Now ask me tomorrow and I may have another favorite. ;)
:yeah: i love those movies, too! i'll add White Christmas, and Easter Parade.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My two favorite movies are about mail order brides:
1) Sweet Land
2) Sarah Plain & Tall

I also love the Rita Hayworth movie Gilda.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that is a hard one. When I'm really sad I like to watch "The Money Pit" which is an old Tom Hanks movie. It's pretty bad by today's standards but it is guaranteed to make me laugh even when I don't want to.
I watched that recently because the man who fixed my sewer line ($2,500) recommended it. I'm beginning to think my house is a money pit, and when I said that, he mentioned the movie. I didn't think it was funny at all; I guess because a lot of the accidents were predictable. The accidents were over the top too. I'm getting to be an old fuddy-duddy.

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I watched that recently because the man who fixed my sewer line ($2,500) recommended it. I'm beginning to think my house is a money pit, and when I said that, he mentioned the movie. I didn't think it was funny at all; I guess because a lot of the accidents were predictable. The accidents were over the top too. I'm getting to be an old fuddy-duddy.
They are very over the top and exaggerated. It's got a high slap-stick element. But I really love old Tom Hanks when he played humorous roles.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's a lot funnier when you have lived with someone who gets into those situations on a daily basis.