Question Of The Day, Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This is fairly easy...what is your very favorite movie?

Now, I haven't been to the theater in probably two decades, but I do watch on Hulu and Netflix here and there, but nothing I've seen or heard about comes close to my all-time favorite!
The original "Fantasia" by Walt Disney. As a child I was mezmerized and enchanted by this movie. As an adult, I still am, but knowing that each cell was hand-drawn adds to my open-mouthed awe. I liked "Fantasia 2000" very well, indeed, but it came along in the age of computer graphics, and just doesn't give me the same admiration for the sheer perseverance of the original artists!

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
It is an oldie but I still watch it occasionally “The Big Chill”. It’s about 30 something college friends that get together for one of the friends funeral, and the challenges we face as adults. At the time it came out that was sort of where my life was at so it resonated with me. Plus it has absolutely the best sound track.

Second best would be Dirty Dancing.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
American
"One flew over the Cuckoo's Nest" directed by Miloš Forman (based on the novel of Ken Kesey)

Italian
"La Meglio Gioventu" directed by Marco Tullio Giordana (six hour masterpiece !)

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favourite childhood movies are A Little Princess (1995) and Matilda; and out of the Disney films; Anastasia is my favourite.
Other favourites include The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas, To All The Boys I've Loved Before and Elf.

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh that is a hard one. When I'm really sad I like to watch "The Money Pit" which is an old Tom Hanks movie. It's pretty bad by today's standards but it is guaranteed to make me laugh even when I don't want to.

But I don't think I really have a favorite.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had forgotten "The Money Pit," but you're right! It's always good for a laugh!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sure if you asked me this tomorrow my answer would change, i.e. there are so many movies that I say are may favorite. Most are oldies they show on TCM. Off the top of my head, I'd say Arsenic & Old Lace, Casablanca, Mr. Deeds Goes to Town, Vertigo and The Ghost & Mrs. Muir. Now ask me tomorrow and I may have another favorite. ;)

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favourite childhood movies are A Little Princess (1995) and Matilda; and out of the Disney films; Anastasia is my favourite.
Other favourites include The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas, To All The Boys I've Loved Before and Elf.
You and I would get along very well. I *LOVE* Anastasia, A Little Princess and Elf. I like the other movies too (except I haven't seen The Boy in the Striped Pajamas).

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh boy. It'll be tough to narrow mine down. I'd say my top three are An Affair to Remember, Pillow Talk, and You've Got Mail. Then there are movies that I love that I really have to be in the mood to watch like Big Fish or the Sound of Music. Jeez, I should just name off my DVD collection because I only own movies I love. I have The Jerk, Mary Poppins, Moulin Rouge, and a bunch of others that I can't see from where I am sitting right now. :lol: