Question Of The Day, Wednesday, March 27, 2019

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My favorite is pasta (small pasta like pastina; not spaghetti noodles) with butter and ketchup. Thats comfort food to me!
Let's talk food. Let's talk odd food. Let's talk about the strange things that we, our family and our friends eat that NO ONE thinks anyone would eat!

What strange food do you, your family, or your friend eat that makes you go "HUH?"

My elder son, who is now almost 40, and SHOULD have outgrown it, STILL eats hot dogs with peanut butter! That said, I've been known to eat green olive and mayonnaise sandwichs on occasion.
My son likes raisins on his hotdogs. I let him but think YUCK! Lol

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My favorite is pasta (small pasta like pastina; not spaghetti noodles) with butter and ketchup. Thats comfort food to me!

My son likes raisins on his hotdogs. I let him but think YUCK! Lol
I tried the 'sketti recipe from Here Comes Honey Boo Boo just for fun once. It uses the same sauce ingredients (ketchup and butter except they used margarine). IMO it tasted almost exactly like the sauce from the Chef Boy-Ar-Dee cans. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. I always liked Chef Boy-Ar-Dee when I was a kid- especially the roller coasters which they haven't made in years.

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I eat radishes with peanut butter. Peanut butter and banana sandwiches are great. Most people I've told about that think its weird. lol Sardines on soda crackers. My dad used to make something....I'm not sure how to spell it but it was pronounced shtunten....Most likely a German dish.....It was like pork and what looked like other pig organs cut up and mixed with gelatin then poured into a cake pan and chilled. I used to call it meat Knox Blox...lol.....I never ate it. When that stuff was made I took full advantage of being the spoiled last child in the family and flat out refused to even touch it...lol

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've had apples on a turkey & cheese sandwich before
I guess fruit and some meat goes pretty well together, huh? People have cranberry sauce with turkey and some other kind of fruit sauce with lamb, don't they? My family are vegetarian, so I'm not really sure what fruit&meat combinations are normal, but I guess it's not that unusual.

This is not all that strange. You can find it on restaurant menus out here. I've had it. It's pretty good.
Really? There you go then, I'm not that strange at all.

:yess:

I love ketchup sandwiches - I always have, and still do.
That's a very British thing, isn't it? Some kids in my primary school used to bring ketchup sandwiches for lunch.

:lol:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love ketchup sandwiches - I always have, and still do. Can't think of anything else, though, but one of my friends loves dipping her fries in her milkshake at McDonald's, which I can't even watch her do without cringing! :lol:
I used to eat dill pickle and mustard sandwiches when I was a kid. Also ketchup, butter and noodles. Sometimes I will also put some fries into my milkshake when I go to Burger King. It is tasty.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toast dipped in hot chocolate is something my husband thought was weird until he tried it. I also like to eat brownies and Cheez-Its together. Oh! And cinnamon sprinkled on oranges or clementines. My best friend is the only one I have ever met that also likes brownies/Cheez-Its and cinnamon and oranges.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Our family recipe for potato salad is unique. The dressing is miracle whip mixed with Catalina or Western French dressing (about 1 cup miracle whip to 1/3 cup French dressing). It gives the potato salad a delicious tang and we would never make it any other way.

The potato part is just chopped potatoes, onion and hard boiled eggs.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I once saw my husband (boyfriend at the time) put swiss cheese and ketchup on a sliced Entemanns chocolate donut.

I haven't done this in a while, but I love mashed potatoes with hamburger bits crumbled in on slices of white bread (sandwich).

My sister used to peel a wiener (raw) and dip it in a milkshake.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a girl we used to make mashed potato candy. You take about a tablespoon of mashed potatoes and start adding powdered sugar to it. The sugar pulls the moisture out of the mashed potatoes and the mixture turns very liquid for a time, but as you keep adding powdered sugar it eventually becomes dough-like. At that point you roll it into a log shape, wrap it in waxed paper, and refrigerate it. Cut off small slices to eat as desired.

It takes about 1 box of powdered sugar per tablespoon of mashed potatoes, and is, of course, very bad for you.

Margret

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a girl we used to make mashed potato candy. You take about a tablespoon of mashed potatoes and start adding powdered sugar to it. The sugar pulls the moisture out of the mashed potatoes and the mixture turns very liquid for a time, but as you keep adding powdered sugar it eventually becomes dough-like. At that point you roll it into a log shape, wrap it in waxed paper, and refrigerate it. Cut off small slices to eat as desired.

It takes about 1 box of powdered sugar per tablespoon of mashed potatoes, and is, of course, very bad for you.

Margret
Sounds just delicious.