Question Of The Day, Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Let's talk food. Let's talk odd food. Let's talk about the strange things that we, our family and our friends eat that NO ONE thinks anyone would eat!

What strange food do you, your family, or your friend eat that makes you go "HUH?"

My elder son, who is now almost 40, and SHOULD have outgrown it, STILL eats hot dogs with peanut butter! That said, I've been known to eat green olive and mayonnaise sandwichs on occasion.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother used to make us black olive sandwiches, with crushed olives. They were okay, but not exactly good.

I make tuna salad with crushed pineapple instead of pickles or onions. My mother made it with grated apple, but I gave up on that because when I tried to grate apples I ended up with grated knuckles.

Margret

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i could see how peanut butter on hot dogs would taste good! :agree:

i think many people here know about my love of peanut butter and sweet bread & butter pickle sandwiches. :redheartpump:

i'll try most things at least once. i tried ham with pineapple pizza not long ago, and i really liked that! :yummy:

someone recently mentioned bologna and jelly sandwich......:think:...which my first thought was :eek2: . i may try that one, as i was assured that it really tastes good.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Filled pig stomach. It's good stuff! I'm thinking it's a PA Dutch thing. Bulk sausage with lots of chopped onions and potatoes stuffed into a pig stomach. Sew the stomach hole shut and roast for several hours. Mom used to make it for us and we kids loved it. Rick will eat the stuffing, but won't touch the stomach.

Mom told us that you used to be able to get a pig stomach for around 15 cents. Now, they're around $5 - $6 each. And they're huge! It's amazing how a little "bag" can be filled to bursting. A larger, filled stomach will take up an entire roaster.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
i could see how peanut butter on hot dogs would taste good! :agree:

i think many people here know about my love of peanut butter and sweet bread & butter pickle sandwiches. :redheartpump:

i'll try most things at least once. i tried ham with pineapple pizza not long ago, and i really liked that! :yummy:

someone recently mentioned bologna and jelly sandwich......:think:...which my first thought was :eek2: . i may try that one, as i was assured that it really tastes good.
The peanut butter and sweet bread & butter pickle sandwich is good! It has to be the sweet ones though

I like to put cool ranch Fritos in tuna salad. I tried it once when we were out of celery and needed something crunchy to put in it. It's really good. DH and DD loved it too.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Likely not that strange, but my dad used to grill bacon wrapped bananas. It was tasty!

Otherwise, another one would be this, being Finnish and all...

Lot's of folks consider it very strange :lol:
I'm glad I looked these up. Looking at the package, I would have guessed they were some type of fish flavored cigarette. :running:

Salty licorice?? Nope. I don't do licorice. Just looking at a box of Good n Plenty makes my taste buds want to run screaming from the room. These seem like another level.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I tend to have a weak stomach so I hadn't tried any strange things, I just leave it alone. Panera Bread at one time, maybe they still do, had a grilled cheese and apple sandwich. It used to be a big thing, not so much anymore, having a slice of sharp cheddar with apple pie.