Question Of The Day - Wednesday, July 24th

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Two part question today.

Deviled eggs - Yay or Nay and

Do hard-boiled eggs belong in potato salad?

I went to a cookout this weekend and one of my friends was extremely disgusted just by the sight of deviled eggs and eggs in the potato salad. I never used to eat deviled eggs, but now I like them as long as they don't taste too much like mayo. I've been making them at home.

While I don't have anything against hard boiled eggs, I don't think they belong in potato salad.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A thousand times NAY

Absolutely not. Hard boiled eggs were invented by :devilish: to ruin perfectly good foods. That is why they smell like sulfur. :running:

I hate everything about them from the smell to the slimy, rubbery texture.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm yay on both, although I like potato salad just fine without eggs too. But if it has eggs, the whites have to be cut into small enough pieces. Large chunks of rubbery egg white do not improve the salad.

Deviled eggs are great, except a lot of people make them way too bland. I like a nice spicy yolk mix.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I say yay to both. I have eaten potato salad with hard-boiled eggs for more years than I care to think about, and the same goes for deviled eggs. In fact, because we sold most of the eggs from our chickens, deviled eggs were a rare treat.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not much of an egg person at all,but I do like deviled eggs,but I want the filling to be really flavorful...yes,probably to disguise the flavor of the white:)As for potato salad,I make it either way,depending on my mood,but I do chop my hard boiled eggs,and usually not more than 2,pretty small.

EmeraldX

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Honestly, I'm not a big egg fan myself, so I don't really have an answer for this. Maybe I'll try some deviled eggs at some point though.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like deviled eggs sometimes, depends on who makes them. Some people have the touch. Others don't. I'm picky.

As for potato salad with eggs in it - Ewwwwwww. JUST NO.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no opinion on them in potato salad. My least favorite part of hardboiled eggs are the yolks, so with deviled eggs, they are more tolerable because they don't taste dry.