Question Of The Day - Wednesday, January 27th!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! Here's today's Question Of The Day!

What is the most unusual item in your purse, pocket or wallet right now? Why is it unusual, or why is it there?

I have a spool of thread in my purse. I was doing some mending last night. When I finished, I was too tired to return the thread to my sewing room in the basement. I knew if I left it on the kitchen table, the girls would turn it into a toy, bat it around, and I'd probably never see it again for months, so I threw it in my purse. I had to smile this morning when I opened my purse to find a pen, and there was the thread!

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a small pocket sized measuring tape in my purse lol. When I was buying new furniture etc. when I moved last May, I brought it with me to get the right sizes of everything. It is still in there altho I changed purses since then, it has come in handy when you least expect it.

killerapple

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I actually have $5 in my wallet - that's unusual because usually it's just a couple singles!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I keep a small tape measure on my keychain - as you point out, you never know when you'll need one! Personally, I consider it prudent, not unusual.

I keep all kinds of things, so I have no idea what would be considered unusual - keep an entire mending kit in there, eyeglass repair kit, quick self-fix tooth repair kit, small first aid kit, flashlight....

I guess, for me and my lifestyle, I'd have to say the most unusual thing I keep in my purse is mascara - I almost never use it.

I think what most people would find the most unusual would be the device used to keep tracheas open... or the mouth-to-mouth insert for giving mouth-mouth resucitation.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

What is the most unusual item in your purse, pocket or wallet right now? Why is it unusual, or why is it there?
I have a key to the front door in my wallet in case the garage door opener does not work. Oddly, I do not keep a front door key on my key ring because who actually comes through their front door anymore (that has a garage)?

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a picture of my nephew, in his diaper and a 2010 sash (was taken as a New Years pics), his face has a look of total displeasure while my Sisters English Bulldog is slobbering all over the kids foot.

Thanks for reminding me! Cutest pic ever, I brought it to hang at work.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing unusual. Debit card, store cards (reward, not credit), library card, insurance card, and business cards. Maybe the odd thing in there was the receipt from getting my tag, which I got months ago.

I did find the business card to this http://www.extraspecialfabric.com/ I thought I had lost it! Unfortunately some of the cat fabrics she had in store are not shown online. But I do suggest people look at the novelty fabric section. She had some stuff made and hanging up from some of those - quite funny when that's the first thing you see when you walk in.

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Probably my pair of sunglasses. It's unusual b/c I haven't been able to wear them in over a year since I don't have a current contact prescription and me not wearing glasses is just a terrible idea. I love them so much though so everytime I clean out my purse I can't bare to take them out!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Interesting question....ummm nothing odd to me....

Got my wallet, medication, mending kit, hand santizer, some moist wipes, female products, tissues and id/photos.

My wallet has a bunch of receipts, coupons, more id/cards and shopping lists.

Nothing exciting I'm afraid.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use a backpack as my purse during the week so I can take dirty uniforms to work easier and also so it is big and bulky and it would be harder for someone to steal it.

I looked in it and the most unusual things in there were my Ryerson Stock List (it lists just about all types of commercially available forms of steel, copper, aluminum, plastic, nickel, and other useful stuff like that as well as all of the useful info pertaining to each of those materials) and my Pocket Welding Guide (hubby got both of those for me - isn't he sweet?)

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't carry a purse. I do, however, have what my DH calls "Old Man Pockets"---screws, washers, coins, a tape measure, lip balm, Vicks inhaler, etc. Nothing unusual about me!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Nice question...

I´m comparing me with the not cat lovers, I got 2 Wiskers of my cats on my wallet...
one of King Milky and the other from Catulina...

Horatio is prettie young and his wiskers are prettie little!...

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just checked my pockets - empty.

In my hand bag I've got my card holder complete with cards, cell phone, shopping list and 3 sets of keys

I'm a boring fart

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a flashlight in my purse, I suppose that's a little strange..It has a special purpose- Jake is a very sneaky kitty who likes to sneak outside when I open the door, and when I leave for school in the morning it's usually dark both inside and out- so I use the flashlight so that I am 100% certain that Jake didn't sneak out with me while I was walking out the door..