Question of the Day, Wednesday, January 11, 2023

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good afternoon and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :petcat: We try to keep ahead with groceries, sundries, etc. but it seems like we're always running low on something. Today it was soap so we did a small shopping and bought two kinds of soap. Bar soap for the bath/shower and liquid soap for the sink/vanity.

WHAT TYPE OF SOAP DO YOU USE, e.g. liquid, bar, medicated, or other?

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Varies: I get curious. Was just reading bout a guy using grapefruit and vanilla bar shampoo so as to avoid using plastic.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Was just reading bout a guy using grapefruit and vanilla bar shampoo so as to avoid using plastic.
Interesting - I've heard that using antibacterial soap can be harmful because using it over and over can affect the healthy bacteria on your skin. And the chemicals that are added to antibacterial soap can remove natural oil which makes skin drier. Also using antibacterial soap and/or hand sanitizer can make people think they don't have to wash their hands as well or as often.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
for bar soap i use a big blue bar of duke cannon soap gf picked the scent liquid shower soap its swagger by old spice again gf's choice sinks soap its whatever gf wants i dont mind i just object to smelling after a shower like those girly flower scented soaps gf uses :lol:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I use One with Nature bar soap for the shower (either lemon/sage or eucalyptus) and Seventh Generation lavender with mint liquid soap for the sinks. Both are cruelty-free, and One with Nature is Leaping Bunny certified.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use shower gel and liquid hand soap. I just stocked up at the Bath and Body Works semi-annual sale so that is what I am using right now. For supermarket shower gels I usually get either Dove if they have one of the scents I like, if not then Ivory.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bar soap for the shower, and in recent years I’ve switched to liquid soap for the basin because the bar soap there gets just too messy. I buy Aldi brands, Tricare antibacterial for the liquid and Juliet for the bar soap. I really like the Juliet, it feels so nice to use. Has aloe vera in it, I think.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I use Lava bar soap and one of those green Scotch-brite scrubbing pads. Can you say exfoliation, anyone?
My husband is a big fan of Lava. It’s great for hands that have been working in the wood shop, outside, or with equipment. I can’t find it in the store any more, so I buy it online.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's hard to find soaps that don't smell like perfume. I had one I really liked but it was discontinued. I'm trying Kiss My Face bar soap. Mostly olive oil, no scent and it's a good soap.
One of my daughters buys all fragrance free products including soap. I'll have to ask her what she uses.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband is a big fan of Lava. It’s great for hands that have been working in the wood shop, outside, or with equipment. I can’t find it in the store any more, so I buy it online.
I ran into the same problem- all of the usual suspects were out, and had been for some time. Then one day, just for giggles, I stopped at this local hole-in-the-wall hardware store, and shazam! They had a whole box of it. I bought all but 4 bars, so as to leave some for somebody else.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's hard to find soaps that don't smell like perfume. I had one I really liked but it was discontinued. I'm trying Kiss My Face bar soap. Mostly olive oil, no scent and it's a good soap.
You can get unscented bar soap that's goat milk based, which is one that I use and really like.
I've been using flaxseed hair gel on my hair, and it makes my hands feel so hydrated.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby likes the old spice shower gel...whatever fragrance he happens to grab,and I started to use an Amish Farm bar soap a couple of years ago....handmade....contains a natural clay called bentonite,so some exfoliation and I love it.For the sinks just a pump bottle that I buy the refill jug .

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DreamerRose DreamerRose I like to keep soap in my linen closets and dressers for the same reasons. My grandmother always kept scented soap in stored coat pockets and purses. Lol She always smelled like Ivory soap. I use bar soap for bathing and liquid for hand washing but have used Lava when I could find it and had heavy work to do. Ummm, at N NY cat man i think Lava exfoliates hands. Lol