Question of the Day, Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's a mixed bag here. I don't necessarily dislike anyone, but some are more friendly than others. Of course, some are closer in proximity than others. Some are reclusive. They all at least tolerate the many roaming cats.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We live on a cul de sac with 6 families on it. Everyone has been here around 30 years. We were friendly acquaintances with the neighbors before my husband got sick. Our kids played together when they were young and we pet sat for one another on vacations. Now my neighbors have been extremely helpful to us. One plows the driveway when we have snow. They all came over and helped me remove some gigantic shrubs I needed to get rid of, another took the day off and took me for a medical procedure I had to have since I couldn’t drive after it. I think I have the best neighbors in the world!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We have no problems with our neighbors, barring the guy on the hill behind us. Fortunately, he owns the property, but has no house there. More about that later (I could write a book). The elderly couple next door are sweethearts and I love baking for them. Her daughter and grandson have moved back temporarily; the grandson had a massive stroke and has PT in town. Sometimes it gets to be a bit much for our neighbor and he'll come over to watch tv with Rick or they'll hang out in the Shed for a while. If it's nice, they'll take iced tea and go over to the Deck. There's a young couple with a young child and they're really nice. A guy bought the house on the other side of us to use for his elderly parents to live. He has 24/7 care for them. He says it's actually cheaper than a nursing home. We hear the parents in summer; they like to yell a lot. I think they may have dementia. No big deal.

Now....the guy behind us. What a character! He comes in to mow the field from time to time. He push-mows the enter field because he refuses to buy a lawn tractor. He likes to cuss....a lot. When something doesn't go his way, it's f*** this and f*** that. He hates all the neighbors, esp us. Many years ago, he brought a bunch of trash to burn on his property and caught the field on fire. Rick called the fire department; the only thing that saved us was that our yard was cut fairly short, so when the fire got to our property, it stopped there. As it was, it ruined several of our spruce trees at the boundary. It was a very ugly situation and Rick and the guy almost came to blows. He knew it's always windy here and it was an exceedingly stupid move on his part. He also used to like to come in at night and spend the night in his van, playing music until midnight or so. It was just stuff to anger the neighbors. I was out in the pool one night and he yelled down that the water really looked nice. I didn't respond, so he called me a few choice names. I got up out of the pool, grabbed my towel, and went into the house. He likes to sit on a bucket with binoculars and "meditate". One of the neighbors asked him what he was doing because he has young girls and he was concerned. "Oh, I'm just meditating." When I know he's around, I go around the house and pull the shades and drapes at the windows around the back of the house. I could go on and on, but you get the idea. He has been arrested for "domestic terrorism." When the private investigator spent several days at our house, watching him and taking pictures, we knew something was very wrong. Frankly, if we could buy the property, we would, but he'd never sell it to us.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have great neighbors on either side of us and across the street. I'm afraid I don't know the other ones because there have a lot of families coming and going. The 4 of us have been here for a long long time. I think longest for us, 28 years.