Question Of The Day - Wednesday, February 3rd!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Februa

Depends on my desire to read the book, I for example, have enjoyed all the Harry Potter movies but have enough books on my "to read" list that theyll never make the cut. In most cases I make it a point to do both - so I can compare and/or complain about the differences!
The books are so great, they are worth making them time.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely would go for the book.

If they ever stop printing books and we have to read everything on those kindle things, I will cry.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW the Harry Potter books should be on everyones "must read" list - they're amazing and SOOOOOO much better than the movies!

I'm with Fran on Dan Brown books
but the movies

I hated LOTR books & the LOTR movies!

I'm definitely a "read the book" type of person. Reading is my destiny!

killerapple

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When the Jurassic Park movie came out, my father and brother and I had read the book beforehand - everyone except my mom. So when we saw it in the theater, the three of us were quietly bickering about differences much to my mom's dismay (and probably everyone within earshot).
I am a polite movie-viewer now, I swear.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definetely read the book but I would probably want to see the movie to bring the book to life, even though your imagination is better than any film IMO. x

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would rather read the book. A movie based on the book leaves so much out and sometimes changes the whole story

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer books. There's so much more room for descriptions, and imagination in a book than in a movie IMO.

That said, while I have seen the Harry Potter movies, I have no desire to read the books because the subject matter is not one that I like to read.